A&H

FRA vs MRC

The Referee Store
I thought he's looked absolutely solid for the first 30 mins or so...less so since. Last 20 is going to get tasty unless France get a 2nd

Football is played standing up Antoine!

A certain France player has some very heavy rocks in his pockets. Smart! But horizontal;)

78mins is not an advantage. They want a DFK into the box after making the sub. Maybe a YC as the guy is scythed down on the wing.

I guess the record books will give Mbappe two assists for this. Both spawny to end up in the net. You gotta be in it to win it tho!

Key moment surely the GK hesitation as the ball ballooned up before the first goal. Looked like he could have committed and punched… happy for Kounate. Also think Dembele had a very disciplined 70 mins. Morocco exposed the Fr weakness at full back but just missed the target.

Easy game for the ref in the end, especially if the observer does not consider cards!

Ref has taken leniency to a whole new level.

Easy yellow ignored for delaying the restart :confused:

Reactions: es1
The Boufal yellow was baffling, never in a month of Sundays was it a defensive free kick. Defender has got the ball then wiped out the Moroccan attacker on the follow through :confused:

The Boufal yellow was baffling, never in a month of Sundays was it a defensive free kick. Defender has got the ball then wiped out the Moroccan attacker on the follow through :confused:

Seems there are other angles that show more fault by the attacker. But what is mystifying to me, on a whole game basis, that was the one and only card he gave. I don't have a problem with the foul call, though I can see debate, and I can see the caution analysis on the edges (though I don't agree)--but I really, really can't square it at all with the cautions he passed on throughout the game.

Seems there are other angles that show more fault by the attacker. But what is mystifying to me, on a whole game basis, that was the one and only card he gave. I don't have a problem with the foul call, though I can see debate, and I can see the caution analysis on the edges (though I don't agree)--but I really, really can't square it at all with the cautions he passed on throughout the game.
Yeah, wouldn't have picked that out as cautionable, and then amongst the other offences not cautioned, bit baffling for me. I thought PK on first watch too

I mean, if he gives it as a foul then the speed with which boufal runs I to the defender 'could' be reckless. I don't agree, but see the reasoning. Initially I thought he'd given it for dissent but it doesn't seem that way.

Back