A&H

Fox 40 Classic Whistle

Aaron Aven

Level 7 Referee
So I received my Fox 40 whistle today, and I just can't seem to get along with it? I used to use an ACME thunderer, and all the threads I'd seen seemed to suggest the Fox 40 was a great whistle, but unlike my Thunderer, it seems to require a lot more effort and air to produce a good hard blast, but I'm just not sure if it's me, haha! But seriously am I doing something wrong, any tips on how to use it more efficiently? Might sound a stupid question but is there any technique to blow a louder blast? :)

The Referee Store
I found that at first too - the technique that I found good is the press your tongue against it and then release + make a sort of 't' sound very quickly to get a loud peep. Hope this helps:
:)

I used a fox classic for the first time last Saturday - I was expecting to be AR but end up in the middle so had to borrow a colleagues whistle.

Compared to the raw power of the sonik blast, you have to give the classic a good blow to get a strong whistle out of it. If I blew the sonik blast like that it would deafen people. :)

Back