A&H

Foul and abusive before game

The referees I were assistant for, just hammered the point of 'its a cup final yes but there will be an absolute zero tolerance of OFFINABUS to the officials, the other players or anyone, and that if they try it theyll be off straight away etc etc.

Well my point would be that instead of talking about this ad nauseum, just enforce it on the pitch. It's not like the players don't know they can't use OFFINABUS language. No need to go into their dressing room and give them a talking to as if they're guilty of something before they've even done it. I guess the question is this: aside from being unnecessarily antagonistic towards the players, what do you REALLY accomplish by going in there and saying that kind of thing?

The Referee Store
Well my point would be that instead of talking about this ad nauseum, just enforce it on the pitch. It's not like the players don't know they can't use OFFINABUS language. No need to go into their dressing room and give them a talking to as if they're guilty of something before they've even done it. I guess the question is this: aside from being unnecessarily antagonistic towards the players, what do you REALLY accomplish by going in there and saying that kind of thing?

Yeah thats true, like I say, It wasnt my choice to go in there, I'd just leave teams to it tbh

Back