A&H

Forest Vs Brentford

Mooseybaby

Retired big bad baldy in all black!
Awful 2nd yellow card challenge from Forest's Niakhate, bordering on straight red worthy in it''s own right.

Brentford's goal given after a lengthy VAR check for potential offside offence. After yesterday's incident, VAR official must have been feeling the pressure.

Forest maybe a bit lucky not to concede first half penalty, definitely goes down as "seen them given", why on earth is the defender's arm stretched out high above his head? Distance from the ball appears to have saved him, but I suspect you wouldn't get away with it in European competition.

The Referee Store
Awful 2nd yellow card challenge from Forest's Niakhate, bordering on straight red worthy in it''s own right.

Brentford's goal given after a lengthy VAR check for potential offside offence. After yesterday's incident, VAR official must have been feeling the pressure.

Forest maybe a bit lucky not to concede first half penalty, definitely goes down as "seen them given", why on earth is the defender's arm stretched out high above his head? Distance from the ball appears to have saved him, but I suspect you wouldn't get away with it in European competition.
What about the penalty shout when Wissa nicked the ball off Turner and in reaction, Turner has actually put studs on Wissas thigh.

Reminds me of the Gordon penalty for Newcastle, against Brentford couple weeks ago.

Yeap, utterly ridiculous challenge. Anywhere else on the pitch by an outfield player and it's a nailed on foul with zero cause for complaint and yet keepers seem to get an almost free pass to do what they want. Surprised there wasn't any real complaints from Brentford.

13 minutes added on....

Cooper saying, after the game, that he thinks the refs made a few big errors.
Yet also said he never watched the penalty appeals (handball or foul) for Brentford. Thinks his guys 2nd yellow wasn't even a card...

Also, in regards to the handball shouts, the "studio" team said it wasn't given because of close proximity...
As JFH said, his hand/arm is well above his head. It's unnatural.

Think I recall PGMO had some weird directive saying if a player just nipped in front of the opponents kicking motion then it may may just considered normal football contact.
Guessing that'll be the line they use to try and justify it!
That's abysmal if true

It's still a foul. All day. Every day.

Think I recall PGMO had some weird directive saying if a player just nipped in front of the opponents kicking motion then it may may just considered normal football contact.
Guessing that'll be the line they use to try and justify it!
But anywhere else on the pitch, it's a foul.

We routinely see players that are taken out by the keeper after getting a shot away not get a penalty, whereas if it is a defender making the challenge they are penalised. It isn't just in England either, it just seems to be some kind of unwritten rule.

We routinely see players that are taken out by the keeper after getting a shot away not get a penalty, whereas if it is a defender making the challenge they are penalised. It isn't just in England either, it just seems to be some kind of unwritten rule.
Not having that in this instance. It's not in the process of making a block or a save.

Routine failure of VAR against Brentford overshadowed by Extraordinary shambles at Tottenham
I don't care if it's the GK involved and if there's some inexplicable nonsense about not giving PKs against GK's. This was 1000% a PK
More doctoring of VAR stats required in order to cover this one up

Last edited:
Back