A&H

Forest G Tranmere

The Referee Store
Yes, teams that can’t be found on a map..

Arsenal correct, Port Vale correct, Is in Burslem, Tranmere is incorrect, that is a place.... Hearts is one also. Maybe others?
Strictly speaking not actually true. Forest Green is a district of Nailsworth and can be found on most maps which go into a little bit of detail. Nailsworth also has another team, Shortwood United which comes from the Shortwood District of the town.

Strictly speaking not actually true. Forest Green is a district of Nailsworth and can be found on most maps which go into a little bit of detail. Nailsworth also has another team, Shortwood United which comes from the Shortwood District of the town.
Fair enough, it was a quiz question I recalled, I didn’t check in minute details 👍

Like Grimsby Town, who play in Cleethorpes - a separate town.
Yes, but the question was about teams whose name does not correspond to a place that can be found on a map. Teams that don't currently play in the location in their name is a totally different matter. Many, many teams (possibly a majority of them) have moved stadium over the years, very often to a location that has a different name.

EDIT: Oops, just noticed @Sheffields Finest already made the same point.

Last edited:
Or how not to? Judging by what I read here :p
@Sheffields Finest and I have an inordinate ability to train others in the correct application of the laws as they is written.......none of this interpretation nonsense unless it's from the Collins' Concise English dictionary......each of us a full third of the three amigos and looking to fill the current vacancy......if you think your able we can judge if you could be good enough.....no dramas

@Sheffields Finest and I have an inordinate ability to train others in the correct application of the laws as they is written.......none of this interpretation nonsense unless it's from the Collins' Concise English dictionary......each of us a full third of the three amigos and looking to fill the current vacancy......if you think your able we can judge if you could be good enough.....no dramas
The merit of all things lies in their difficulty!

Back