The Ref Stop

Forecast Fifties

The Ref Stop
WEEK 07 REVIEW

Three draws in the five fixtures once again made it a low-scoring week, with the only three trebles of the round coming from @FirsFox40, @RefereeX, and @JamesL going for the 1-1 draw in the Swansea - Bristol City match for 3/6/9 points respectively. Late, late drama at the Metropolitano spoiled it for most people, with only @stedaley benefiting from the (eventual) draw. Spurs upset a few apple carts, and no one saw Villa coming away with less than three points. @OldNavyRef nailed the first-goal bonus and that lifts him from 7th to 3rd overall.

WEEK 08 FIXTURES
  • Aston Villa v Manchester United
  • Chelsea v Nottingham Forest
  • Brighton v Tottenham
  • Dinamo Moscow v CSKA
  • Slavia Prague v Sparta Prague

• BONUS: Pick a team currently leading their division* who will LOSE this Sat/Sun. 5 points if correct.
  • *Top when you make your prediction(s). I must be able to find them on FotMob. Senior football only.
Screenshot 2024-09-30 at 05.25.50.png

@one @Pwizardo @OldNavyRef @es1 @stedaley @FirsFox40 @holbeach ref @JamesL @RefereeX @Gabriel @Josh the referee @SalfordRef

Was having a look at some stats:

Without bonuses, top three would be: Old Navy 68, One 66, Pwizardo 63
Best predictions points tally has been 29 (ES1 in Week 4)
Only three players have had a positive predictions tally every week: Old Navy, Pwizardo, and RefereeX
FIVE players have scored the maximum 15: One (twice), SteDaley and Holbeach (Wk 2), Old Navy (Wk 3) and Salford (Wk 4)
Only one player has scored positively in all five matches twice: Gabriel (Weeks 4 and 5)
Four others have done it once: SteDaley and ES1 (wk 4), One and Holbeach (Wk 5)

Last edited:
Aston Villa 2-1 Manchester United (5)
Chelsea 3-0 Nottingham Forest (4)
Brighton 1-3 Tottenham (2)
Dinamo Moscow 2-0 CSKA (3)
Slavia Prague 2-2 Sparta Prague (1)
Shelbourne to lose at Shamrock Rovers (Sunday, Irish Premier)

Aston Villa 1-1 Manchester United (3)
Chelsea 4-2 Nottingham Forest (5)
Brighton 1-2 Tottenham (4)
Dinamo Moscow 1-1 CSKA (2)
Slavia Prague 1-1Sparta Prague (1)

Liverpool - 1) because they have struggled in the past as Selhurst park and 2) I'm lazy and can't be bothered to look who's top and then who they are playing 🤭

Stat Geek request: It would be interesting to see who has predicted the most correct results since this won't necessarily correlate with the leaderboard.

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works of your meticulous planning @FirsFox40, but it has just occured to me that there is a full midweek EFL fixture list. Those who are top now, may not be by the weekend. How are we working that?

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works of your meticulous planning @FirsFox40, but it has just occured to me that there is a full midweek EFL fixture list. Those who are top now, may not be by the weekend. How are we working that?
WEEK 08 FIXTURES

• BONUS: Pick a team currently leading their division* who will LOSE this Sat/Sun. 5 points if correct.
  • *Top when you make your prediction(s). I must be able to find them on FotMob. Senior football only.
As my dad would say RTFM 😉

Top whenever you make the prediction 👍🏻

Stat Geek request: It would be interesting to see who has predicted the most correct results since this won't necessarily correlate with the leaderboard.
Sure, gimme a mo…

• Aston Villa 1-1 Manchester United (4)
  • Chelsea 4-1 Nottingham Forest (5)
  • Brighton 1-0 Tottenham (2)
  • Dinamo Moscow 1-1 CSKA (3)
  • Slavia Prague 1-1 Sparta Prague (1)
I'll say Gillingham on the basis that I don't have the knowledge of other leagues to go looking outside of the PL/EFL

19: Old Navy / SteDaley
17: Pwizardo
15: Holbeach / Gabriel
14: One / RefereeX
13: FirsFox40 / JamesL
11: ES1 (played 6 weeks) / JoshTR
8: Salford (played 3 weeks)
5: Ross (played 3 weeks)

19: Old Navy / SteDaley
17: Pwizardo
15: Holbeach / Gabriel
14: One / RefereeX
13: FirsFox40 / JamesL
11: ES1 (played 6 weeks) / JoshTR
8: Salford (played 3 weeks)
5: Ross (played 3 weeks)
Poorly worded question... Apologies.

I meant correct scores 🤦🏻😂

All very interesting though... @one Mid table for results but sits top of the pile.

All very interesting though... @one Mid table for results but sits top of the pile.
Funnily @one is level with me for results, but I think I've only actually had one correct score, hence my lowly position compared with his, yet I'm one of the only 3 not to have had a negative game week. Think that's down to my strategy of predicting draws when I'm not overly confident 😆

Oh, trebles. Sure! Hang on…

6: FirsFox40
4: One / JamesL
3: Pwizardo / Holbeach / ES1
2: Ross
1: Everyone else

( Updated @JamesL )

Last edited:
Back