A&H

For those of a nervous disposition...

RefJef

RefChat Addict
For those of a nervous disposition, you may want to look away now.

Somerset FA has just tweeted this, a picture from a friendly between Somerset FA U16 and Newport County Academy.

(Lights blue touch paper and runs ...)

The Referee Store
A County FA representative game too! There are usually a few "blazers" at these games. No further comment M'Lud.

A County FA representative game too! There are usually a few "blazers" at these games. No further comment M'Lud.
It seems to have been Somerset County Vs Newport County academy.

There are pictures of the referee not wearing the bib, so I assume he put it on because people were complaining.

I would be asking about the competition rules, and why Newport didn't have a change of kit.

Do Somerset allow referees to wear coloured shirts?

Spot on by the referee, full marks for being proactive and making the best of the situation that he found himself in

its his ability, performance, neutrality, integrity that is required, not his cat walk credentials

The only way I can be critical is that the referee started in his black kit, that said, at some point he seems to have realised the problem and acted upon it.

I'm more intrigued by this new two hand signal
He is trying to cover his eyes for the picture so he wouldn't be recognised. Didn't realise his name will be published.

On a more serious note, to anyone who is willing to wear a bib as a referee. Carry one or two coloured tops, preferably referee badged. It looks far more professional than wearing a bib, and if you think it would be against any rules, so would be wearing a bib.

These threads are so weird for me. We wear colours. We check the teams' home/away strips and GKs before the match and before the game and wear a colour to differentiate (at grassroots we don't worry about a mild GK/ref kit clash). Lots and lots of teams wear black.

We've changed brand twice during my short tenure. I should really give away a bunch of these. At home: Adidas yellow, blue, red (12?), navy (15), yellow again (16); Patrick yellow, green, black; Nike black, aqua (16); Nike red, orange (18...in the post... from the UK FA as I can'd find them in stock anywhere! ha!)

Seems a bit nuts, and I wish I didn't have the old ones now... but I've done so many games that the cost has not been a factor (and at least I haven't blown 500 quid on buzzer flags!)

Back