Organised football is ...

• more of a sport than business

• more of a business than sport

• Equally a business and sport

• I couldn't care less.

Results are only viewable after voting.

one

RefChat Addict
I know it's both. But with all that is happening around the world, and this also applies to organised grassroots football with rego fees etc, I am interested which you think dominates, especially in decision making.

The Referee Store
The purpose of any business is to make money, very few football clubs do that so I would say it is a push to say it is more business than sport. It is certainly more commercial based than it used to be, but without the sport the business doesn't exist.

During the first lockdown I completed a short Open University online course entitled "The business of football", which compared ownership models in various countries, and the profit/loss situations arising. Very interesting!

During the first lockdown I completed a short Open University online course entitled "The business of football", which compared ownership models in various countries, and the profit/loss situations arising. Very interesting!
That sounds very interesting, how long was the course?

The opinion on this is unexpectedly and very closely even. I honestly thought it would be very lopsided. I would draw my own conclusions :) Thanks everyone who voted.

Back