A&H

Football manager 15 on iPhone

SM

The avuncular one
okay, I have a community based job which provides plenty of opportunities for waiting around. So to fill this time I sometimes enjoy a game of football manager. Feel free - Judge away!

That aside; Just got fm15 - 2 things have struck me:

1) man alive nearly every yellow card is for impeding (not obstruction as the game states ;) ) accompanied by the correct idfk. This is 95% of cautions!

2) the little black referee dot in the game - his positioning is utter crap. Fails to get wide during play, or worse stays AR side of ball/play: he will often be on the half way line during fast breaks, not breaking a sweat to keep up with play; stands in the centre circle by the centre spot on goal kicks and kicks from hand - come on! Use your AI ref head and position yourself left (from the keepers point of view) of the players where you expect the ball will land. He is lazy. He is rubbish! Ruins the whole experience for me!!!

Too much time on my hands today maybe. But the upside is my liverpool team are storming the league with an injury free Sturridge leading the scoring charts with Ballotelli chipping in also!

The Referee Store
okay, I have a community based job which provides plenty of opportunities for waiting around. So to fill this time I sometimes enjoy a game of football manager. Feel free - Judge away!

I think you answered your question in the first paragraph Monkey...you have too much time on your hands! ;):p:rolleyes:

Try playing FIFA. It annoys me more than it should that the AR flags for a throw then will swap the flag between hands above his head to flag the direction. I just want him to switch the flag between hands below his waist, then flag.

Back to point 2......... ???? ......I fear they may have GPS d me on one of my recent matches ? :D

I noticed this too monkey.

Its like a developer has done a BRC and been so proud of learning what an IDFK is he's whacked it in all over the shot.

First time I've seen it so distinctly mentioned in commentary bar

Still sounds pretty ridiculous. Liverpool storming, Sturridge injury free, Mario chipping in. Next you'll be telling me my beloved Spurs have gone a whole season without sacking a manager!

It kills some time in a fun way. It's a lot simpler than its desktop cousin.

Dear god, subs don't come on from the half way line and run on well before the exiting player leaves the field of play.... :)

Im a regular buyer of the FM series for my ipad. This year I find it more realistic than ever - they've finally accepted that tottenham truly are sh*t! I enjoy the game though - always a good way to kill time! :D

Just bought the PC version for first time since 2007. Man Alive what a mistake. Not spoken to the missus in a week. And work keep calling me. Luckily I've got my voicemail set up to say I'm busy convincing Leroy Lita to join me on loan at Bristol rovers and can't come to the phone

Last edited:
Reactions: SM
I'm not even considering the pc version. Almost got divorced last time (would have been around 2006 or 2007)

poor run of results @HertsFinest ?

Lost my actual job because makelele wanted to leave Chelsea and I stayed up til 7 in the morning trying to get him to stay, drunk my sorrows away and called in sick apparently half cut mumbling about how petit sn't even helping me keep hold of him because he wants a new contract and makelele wasn't happy about it

It sounds ridiculous but in those days football manager was a way of life!

Back