A&H

Fixture Pile up!!

Level3 wow.. you really can ref then I won’t pick an argument with you Rusty lol.

Yeah I think once it gets to that level it is your life & I guess everything comes second to refereeing.

No, as at that level refereeing doesn't pay the bills so it comes second to your actual employment. You have to somehow balance the two, as well as of course your personal and family life, and it isn't easy.

The Referee Store
No, as at that level refereeing doesn't pay the bills so it comes second to your actual employment. You have to somehow balance the two, as well as of course your personal and family life, and it isn't easy.

I can’t help but think the best equipped is a twenty something living at home with no commitments & a desire to succeed.

Aka Michael Oliver.

Second game out of the way with. Five cautions; two dissent, three bleh tackles. One penalty. No flipping hot water at the ground showers. And then, I was told I have the score wrong. Hmm.

Pretty annoyed with myself tonight mind, I did make one or two really stupid decisions on reflection. I think I will be absolutely shafted tomorrow, my legs are planning to murder me for putting them through this. :cry::cry::old::old::cry::cry:

Second game out of the way with. Five cautions; two dissent, three bleh tackles. One penalty. No flipping hot water at the ground showers. And then, I was told I have the score wrong. Hmm.

Pretty annoyed with myself tonight mind, I did make one or two really stupid decisions on reflection. I think I will be absolutely shafted tomorrow, my legs are planning to murder me for putting them through this. :cry::cry::old::old::cry::cry:

Score wrong? Go on elaborate..?

Score wrong? Go on elaborate..?

Well, I tracked the score as 8-2, but the home team informed me they feel it was 9-2 and I missed a goal in the first half.

I think they're right actually. On reflection, I believe I didn't mark the fifth goal in the first half because I was cautioning an Away team player for dissent immediately after the goal had been scored, so because I was dealing with him I forgot...

In fairness, the home team said not to worry about it and have gone with my result to the league. But, yes, a daft error to be making, assuming my theory is correct. :facepalm: I have no reason not to believe the home team tbh. Live and let live I guess.

Well, I tracked the score as 8-2, but the home team informed me they feel it was 9-2 and I missed a goal in the first half.

I think they're right actually. On reflection, I believe I didn't mark the fifth goal in the first half because I was cautioning an Away team player for dissent immediately after the goal had been scored, so because I was dealing with him I forgot...

In fairness, the home team said not to worry about it and have gone with my result to the league. But, yes, a daft error to be making, assuming my theory is correct. :facepalm: I have no reason not to believe the home team tbh. Live and let live I guess.

Scandalous :D

Easily done. When I started reffing I also done some of the 6-a-side leagues and was told cards, note pad and whistle provided. I turned up and none were available. I had a spare whistle in my car but no note pad.

First match. High scoring. Asked what the score was at then end and no one really knew. Both teams didnt agree with the scores i counted. All come to an agreement of what sounded right eventually. Havent relied or trusted my memory since!

Easily done. When I started reffing I also done some of the 6-a-side leagues and was told cards, note pad and whistle provided. I turned up and none were available. I had a spare whistle in my car but no note pad.

First match. High scoring. Asked what the score was at then end and no one really knew. Both teams didnt agree with the scores i counted. All come to an agreement of what sounded right eventually. Havent relied or trusted my memory since!

With all respect I wouldn’t turn up to any form of game relying on them to supply my equipment, what is a ref without his pad whistle and cards.

I wouldn’t ref a game in my back garden without my own tools :)

With all respect I wouldn’t turn up to any form of game relying on them to supply my equipment, what is a ref without his pad whistle and cards.

This was back in my first days of reffing when I trusted players were honest, the lotg were called rules and nothing could possibly go wrong..... 🤔🙄🙈 now back then I was naive haha

This was back in my first days of reffing when I trusted players were honest, the lotg were called rules and nothing could possibly go wrong..... 🤔🙄🙈 now back then I was naive haha

You mean to tell me you don’t trust players :D:D

Easily done.

Well, I still feel like a tit anyway. Not my finest match, but perhaps I was in need of it.

Scandalous

Fortunately, the local newspaper sacked all their football journalists, so I'm safe from the local news. >_> :angel:

Edit: In all seriousness: No, it isn't fortunate the newspaper sacked the journalists - I don't mean it that way, not really. Actually kinda sucks because my county has no football news coverage at all, which really makes it hard to follow. :(

So I'm faced with 90 mins Saturday, 80 mins Sunday and ~ 200 minutes of tournament football in 27 degree heat on Monday :dead:
The minutes are just about OK, but i'm no sun worshipper

I have to go to Southend on bank holiday monday... anyone local to the south east of england will understand why that's as horrific as it is :(

I have to go to Southend on bank holiday monday... anyone local to the south east of england will understand why that's as horrific as it is :(
It’s the Skeggy of the South! A cross between TOWIE and Gypsy Wedding! I feel your pain!

Do u mark time of goals? When I keep score I write down the time the goal was scored and not a tally.

In this instance you'd be able to look and see if you had recorded a goal at the same time as you recorded a caution, assuming you record that too, to verify you missed recording a goal.

Do u mark time of goals? When I keep score I write down the time the goal was scored and not a tally.

In this instance you'd be able to look and see if you had recorded a goal at the same time as you recorded a caution, assuming you record that too, to verify you missed recording a goal.

I tally yeah.

Third game, took 7 minutes for a player to tell me to eff off, straight red, no one on that team happy with that. Am exhausted now. Remind me never to do this three on the bounce thing again. >_>

Back