A&H

Fixture Pile up!!

I have to go to Southend on bank holiday monday... anyone local to the south east of england will understand why that's as horrific as it is :(
Thats my neck of the woods , always has been and yep horrific is a generous word to use

The Referee Store
4 lines in 5 days coming up

WSL Development match today, L1 club college friendly tomorrow, Bostick u23 on Saturday and Womens Senior Capital Cup Final on Sunday - with the added bonus that the sun is supposed to be shining on all 4 - looks unlikely looking out of the window at the moment though!:cool:

And the sun DID shine on all 4, Saturday and Sunday being very warm. Did a game Weds night as well. 1 more to go on May 20th, then I'm done for 17/18 I think.

Enjoy them all I hope?

My final game is pencilled in for the 16th, but I'm on cover if any referee pulls out at the last minute, so we'll see.

Enjoy them all I hope?

My final game is pencilled in for the 16th, but I'm on cover if any referee pulls out at the last minute, so we'll see.

Yes thanks, the cup final had some very loud 'fans'. Some of the abuse stepped over the line I thought.

There was one 'amusing' dialogue though. There was a foul on edge of penalty area, far side from me. Ref instantly gave free kick (He was 5 yards away - I was 30 - 35 yards away) Cue the 'fans' " Lino, lino you saw that, its a pen" & "Ref, ref your lino is giving a pen" I was actually standing stock still, flag down, not quite level with penalty area boundary (to left of it facing fop). 1 spectator came behind me and shouted "You were going to give that lino, I saw you about to put the flag across your chest" For obvious reasons this amused me - "You can laugh lino, I know you were about to do it" As a foot note , photos published later showed ref got it spot on , foul WAS (just) outside area.

As player fouled needed treatment, this went on for a while. Lo and behold attacking team scored from the free kick! (They went on to lose 2-1 though)

Back