A&H

Fitness and promotion

nel

So I am hoping to become fitter to keep up with play more, any advice on a routine in which I can follow?
Next is everyone says that there is A GOOD FL assistant referee in me and could go further but work could get in way which one shall i go for?

The Referee Store
You need to adopt a varied training regime- distance , tempo and active recovery. I find getting on my bike and swimming to be very beneficial. Oh and listen to your body- if you are tired rest up, training whilst fatigued will only cause injury.

If you work hard at the game and enjoy it your future will take care of itself.

Firstly, don't worry about lining v reffing, you have at least 5 years to even worry about the pathway and you will never get that far if you're not a good referee.

All of the modern advice for fitness is high impact intensity training (HIIT), or interval training as it's also known. There are lots of articles all of the internet including football specific ones that run box to box, corner to corner etc. The secret is to knacker yourself out in 30 minutes, push yourself over time and you'll get fitter.

As a guide, I think the FL Assistant tests have a benchmark of 40m sprint in under 5secs (standing start).

Back