A&H

First time using comms kit

TheRef

Hi guy, first post here, not sure if this is the correct section for this or not.

I've got a game coming up shortly, I'm AR1, and I've been told by the referee that he will have a comms kit with him and I've never used one before.

I've been reffing for almost 4 years, running lines on a Saturday and middles on a Sunday so I know how to run the line etc etc. Does anyone have any tips as to how to get the best out of a comms kit? Obviously the referee will likely give a slightly different pre match that I'm used to but every little helps, especially since I'm heading for promotions soon.

Cheers.

The Referee Store
Tell him, you talk to yourself a lot and I'd apologise just in case he hears anything untoward such as:-
  1. "F*** me, this bugger is quick."
  2. Heavy panting after said sprint down the line.
  3. "S**t! That was a goal kick, wasn't it?"
  4. "His feet were fine but that's never a legit throw."
  5. "Sorry, I was just checking Facebook/Twitter"
  6. "Padfoot says it's a caution every day of the week"

probabally best to avoid all of davids advice lol, the referee should tell you what he wants, my referee friends in top football who use coms advise keep it short,
ie corner if it goes, blue ball, watch blue 4 white 10 getting a bit heated, corner kicks blue 3 on the post that sort of things just remember to ask the ref what they want enjoy it

probabally best to avoid all of davids advice lol, the referee should tell you what he wants, my referee friends in top football who use coms advise keep it short,
ie corner if it goes, blue ball, watch blue 4 white 10 getting a bit heated, corner kicks blue 3 on the post that sort of things just remember to ask the ref what they want enjoy it
Thanks for saving my back there by not actually dropping the names of your friends ;)

Back