A&H

First red card

James goodgame

Got called a “ ****ing bald nutcase “ this morning while refereeing a under 13’s game I obviously agreed with the nice young gentlemen who refused to give me his name then proceeded to send him off . This is my first sending off so I’m not 100% sure how or where I go about reporting it ? Any ideas ?

The Referee Store
New username material right there.

If a player refuses to give a name, that's fine. Either put what's on the team sheet or leave it blank. And put in an extraordinary misconduct report in too.

I once gave a caution to a player called Mickey Mouse. If that's the name he gave me then that's what he's going by.

Ended up getting sent off later in the game for a scuffle. As I was trying to calm him down I kept saying "Mickey come away please."

Maybe not the best approach but that's the name he gave me so that's what he went by for the rest of the match.

Most of the experienced bunch must of been called the full set during their careers. It’s not really that personal, 99.99% is heat of the moment and most will gladly shake your hand before and after a game. Do your job and report the necessaries and move on....

ahh it definitely won’t bother me , lets just say tho if some of the parents had fancied a private chat it would’ve been interesting !

I once had an U15 player why I was bald on top (trying to be funny in front of his team mates). I simply told him I've been a referee for a number of years and every time I send a player off for giving me gip, the FA pats me on the head and say well done ref
Haha, absolutely love this. 10000% more acceptable than what my default answer would have been.

Did a kids tournament in the summer little lad asked me too do his laces , I bent down to do them up . He patted me on the head and asked where’s my hair gone . I pointed at a little dog in the distance and told him it had blown over there ! I think he believed me!
And this! Haha. Genuinely cackling with laughter :D:D

If a player refuses to give a name, that's fine. Either put what's on the team sheet or leave it blank. And put in an extraordinary misconduct report in too.

I once gave a caution to a player called Mickey Mouse. If that's the name he gave me then that's what he's going by.

Ended up getting sent off later in the game for a scuffle. As I was trying to calm him down I kept saying "Mickey come away please."

Maybe not the best approach but that's the name he gave me so that's what he went by for the rest of the match.
Funniest thing I have read on here for a while 😂😂😂

I always love 'is that Michael Mouse?'

Back