A&H

First one down…!

OllieW

Level 7 Referee
Hi everyone, I qualified on Wednesday and was the man in the middle for the first time this morning in an U14s match. WOW i was nervous going in but I think it went ok- I’m already finding myself focusing on the things I didn’t give (probable attacker handball leading to a goal), and where my positioning was a bit poor, but I really appreciated all the good advice in previous posts on here that I gleaned before hand. It’s definitely a skill to come away remembering the positives, right? Assume I should try and get number 2 booked in asap to keep the momentum up. Cheers all!

The Referee Store
Hi everyone, I qualified on Wednesday and was the man in the middle for the first time this morning in an U14s match. WOW i was nervous going in but I think it went ok- I’m already finding myself focusing on the things I didn’t give (probable attacker handball leading to a goal), and where my positioning was a bit poor, but I really appreciated all the good advice in previous posts on here that I gleaned before hand. It’s definitely a skill to come away remembering the positives, right? Assume I should try and get number 2 booked in asap to keep the momentum up. Cheers all!
Definitely a skill to learn to focus on the positives as well as the negatives - aim for as many positives as you can get!

"I was positioned well for this incident, maybe I didn't get it right, but I gave myself the best chance and I was credible" sort of thing - that way you're not constantly beating yourself up over it.

Well done for getting the first one done and keep going with it!! 🥳

Get four booked in so you complete the 5 this season. Good luck.

Back