A&H

First Kit

micky2001

Needing to buy my first kit this week from the SFA. The black one is standard, but they recommend at least one other, either blue or yellow. What colour would clash the least??

And does anyone know if there is a new SFA kit out for next season, apparently some of the senior refs have different badges and Greaves have lost the contract.

The Referee Store
I don't have a coluored one but I did have a team who played in black this week so had to use a purple training top.
I recon if you want a coloured one then get a cheap one as you won't use it that often.

There seems to be a difference, correct me if I'm wrong, between Scotland and England and what colours can be worn so it's less likely you'll need a colour other than black in England. I'd suggest either Micky, I've got a black and yellow kit and wear them more or less alternate weeks because of the weird and wonderful combinations youth clubs have in Scotland so whatever you feel most comfortable in! As for Greaves I have no idea. I knew there was a bit of a problem in terms of tracksuits or this year but don't know anything about new kit. Hope that helps :)

With the England Scotland colours, in England we can wear black only in official matches, otherwise you can be suspended etc from your county if you are reported for wearing the coloured top. In unofficial matches, you can wear coloured shirts, such as academy games.

It has been discussed in this thread:- http://www.refchat.co.uk/threads/coloured-shirt.1880/

Needing to buy my first kit this week from the SFA. The black one is standard, but they recommend at least one other, either blue or yellow. What colour would clash the least??

And does anyone know if there is a new SFA kit out for next season, apparently some of the senior refs have different badges and Greaves have lost the contract.
I'd definitely get yellow if I were you. I don't know what kit you've got at the moment, but I know that you can get the yellow one for about £30 on some sites rather than A&H's £40. The chances are that if they're wearing black then blue won't stand out much anyway whereas most yellow kits are really bright so you shouldn't have any problems with it.

Apparently they're reviewing whether we're allowed to wear coloured shirts in England, and if so, I'll buy that yellow one straight away.

Back