A&H

First ever OA game

kje2198

Hi All,

I have my first ever OA game this weekend having qualified earlier this year and doing a few youth games to get a feel for it. The nerves have set in but also excited for it. Any advice anyone can share?

A&H International
Hi All,

I have my first ever OA game this weekend having qualified earlier this year and doing a few youth games to get a feel for it. The nerves have set in but also excited for it. Any advice anyone can share?
If you search you'll find lots of threads on a similar topic.

For my two pence:
Turn up, smile, be confident in your decision making.and lastly, deal with those that pose a threat to your match control.

Confidence is key. And do not mention it is your first OA game.

They will challenge you more, so focus on giving short but loud "good tackle", "all ball", "clear trip" type feedback when giving or not giving a foul. I've found that helps stop the moaning before it starts. Where there is a player who is constantly asking for fouls etc, I tend to speak directly to them (loudly to other can here) saying something along the line "I can referee without your input and shouting for a foul will never make me give one so use your energy in playing the game"

Back