A&H

First assessment on Sunday

dan spyer

Level 6 Referee
I received my first assessment on Sunday. I was in the middle for a sunday league div 1 game. I couldn't be happier with my mark if i'm honest. I have attached my assessment.

Attachments

• Dan Spyer - Assessor - 26 Oct 14 (1).doc
    105.5 KB · Views: 79
The Referee Store
Nice one Dan , looks like you have done very well with that one !!!

(Careful with your language please - SM)

Last edited by a moderator:
Customary not to reveal name of assessor on here dan, unless you know he'd be happy to have his name out here on't'internet

Thanks for all the "Well done" remarks it was my first dismissal aswell left me feeling really chuffed

I'm wondering why you got credit for only speaking to a player who delayed the restart of play by kicking the ball away when he should have been cautioned. Also wondering why remarks relating to Law 4 (Player's equipment) and substitutions (Law 3) which both fall within the remit of Application of Law are placed under Match Control. Also reference to things which "could" cause you problems. Assessors are supposed to report on what they see not what might happen.

One final thing ... 3 advantages in the opening 18 minutes? I'm pleased it didn't affect your match control but I would recommend allowing a game to settle unless they were very, very obvious advantages before playing them as early as the 1st 2 instances reported (yes that's right I've just contradicted the last sentence of the paragraph above).

Oh ....Brian , cup half empty .? valid point ,I agree...from an assessors point of view .....!!

Are you the grim reaper ......of referees .....? ......Stalking this site picking faults with everyone s posts ....?

Glad you didn't do my assessments , I would have been in trouble !!

Im scared to post now in case you slaughter my point of view ...

But here goes

Bring on the dressing down:D :cry:

To be fair to Brian I also read the assessment and was a bit critical of a few things. In my opinion if this were to be moderated it would not get an 85 as the wording of the assessment does not reflect the mark given. For example to give 4.0 for teamwork where it seems there is no evidence that the referee did more than he was expected to seems strange. A very generous assessor in my opinion. To achieve an 85 you would usually have to have handled an extremely tested game with numerous cautions, dismissals and KMIs. Here it seems the referee did very well in a game that needed little intervention. Usually you'd be lucky to get more than 75 for a game like this no matter how good you are.

However nonetheless, congratulations on an excellent mark!

I hate to be in the assessors' corner. While the report is good and things to take from this - it is not worth an 85.

Looking at the wording (and this is all we have) you would be looking at a number more like 76-78. At level 4, this would automatically re-marked, good job that does not exist for 7-6 candidates.

Don't expect marks of this in the future (I also suspect that the assessor will be called in for re-training....)

Oh ....Brian , cup half empty .? valid point ,I agree...from an assessors point of view .....!!

Are you the grim reaper ......of referees .....? ......Stalking this site picking faults with everyone s posts ....?

Glad you didn't do my assessments , I would have been in trouble !!

Im scared to post now in case you slaughter my point of view ...

But here goes

Bring on the dressing down:D :cry:
Beezer, I'm a Supply League Assessor, Level 5 Referee (twice retired, twice re-activated), Level 3 Tutor, Secretary of my local FA and Vice President of my local RA. I am not the Grim Reaper but I am not overly generous in my marks as this assessor has been. It creates an unrealistic level of expectation and I've seen it too many times where a new or young referee gets promoted very quickly and then hits a brick wall when he reaches Supply level where assessments are regularly reviewed and moderated.

At that level we really have to justify giving high marks. You'll also notice that the majority of my previous was directed at the structure and content of the report. It was only Advantage where I felt the actions of the referee were not wise.

Reactions: SM
Yes Brian I did read the report , obviously not being an assessor im looking at it from a slightly different angle and can see your points about kicking the ball away and so on ...

I was just having a little joke .......my first assessment for my 5 ...the guy who done it slaughtered me , think I got a 69 , so I really had to pick up on my next 4 , a low mark early on certainly opens your eyes to the standard required.

Yes Brian I did read the report , obviously not being an assessor im looking at it from a slightly different angle and can see your points about kicking the ball away and so on ...

I was just having a little joke .......my first assessment for my 5 ...the guy who done it slaughtered me , think I got a 69 , so I really had to pick up on my next 4 , a low mark early on certainly opens your eyes to the standard required.
More smilies required when making jokes however large or small Mr Beezer, more smilies required... ;)

Back