A&H

First Assesment 7-6

CallumRushton13

Level 6 Referee
Hi guys, had my first assesment last week and this is it... what do you think?? I was hoping for a slightly higher mark considering the post match the assessor gave me but ill take a 76 (A notoriously harsh assessor i am told). I think ive deleted all the necessaries but if i havent then let me know. Cheers

Name of Referee: Callum Rushton

Match:

v

Competition:

Date:

14 April 2014

Assessors must complete as advised in the “Assessor Guide”.

1. Application of Law:

Your Application of Law was generally very good during the course of the game in which you detected the majority of offences.

Your sending off of the Away No. 5 for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity in the 40th minute and cautions of Home No. 11 for a late reckless tackle (56th minute) and No. 8 for dissent (85th minute) maintained your tight grip for the second half.

2. Positioning, Fitness & Work rate:

Your fitness and work rate was good throughout the game – well done.

You run a good diagonal which means your positioning, particularly at set piece situations is excellent.You also need to ensure you get in a position where you are looking throw play towards the Assistant Referee.

3. Alertness & Awareness, Including management of stoppages:

You showed you were alert and aware of what was going on during the course of the game.

Stoppages for substitutions and injuries were managed very well.

The necessary 9.15 metres was effectively well carried out.

4. Communication:

You had no problem in communicating with players I was impressed with your calm unassuming nature in dealing with certain players; don’t be afraid to have a “word” to a player whilst play is progressing. Ensure it is just a word and don’t get embroiled in conversation as this takes your attention away from other action.

Whistle tone is very good. Hand signals were also used correctly, particularly your advantage signal which is very clear.

5. Teamwork:

The teamwork between your assistants and yourself was good; this was because there was no contentious decision made by the Assistant Referees. Please consider briefing the new Assistant whenever they are changed.

6. Advantage:

This was a strong point in your game, some players respect this part of the game others have the opposite effect, I noticed that you played advantage on numerous occasions which can be a rewarding for any referee. Don’t forget to speak to the offender!

7. Match Control:

Your overall match control was very good and never in doubt; the game was played in a good spirit, with few problems for you. The temperature of this game rose for a period in the first half when it is often beneficial for a Referee to show more presence eg getting closer to play, talking to players when they are making tackles, more vocal etc “Bossing the game”

Strengths

Section

Development Areas

Section

Application of Law

Positioning - view of Assistant Referee

Communication

Bossing the game

Fitness

BASED ON THIS PERFORMANCE I MARK THE REFEREE 76

The Referee Store
First comment - the form he is using is at least 5 years out of date. Match Control should be box 2 not box 7.

Secondly, there is a great deal of "meat" on the assessment to guide you on your strength and development areas. If that is the full length of his words, way too short to aid you.
The assessment is to aid you develop as a referee but be a report for promotion.

A 76 based on his words is too high - there is no evidence to support that level of mark. The mark may be correct based on the match and yoru performance, but the report does not reflect this.
In some CFA's, this report could be seen a "poor report" with the assessor requiring "re-education".

Fully echo lincs22's comments. Old form, not enough content, time for this assessor to have (another?) look at the assessor's handbook

[QUOTE 'Re-eduction', hey, Lincs, very 1984 :)[/QUOTE]

Yes I know, but CFA's don't like to say retrain, as it impliescthe first training was not sufficient.

But the word effectively describes what they want to do.

I certainly agree with the above. A very poorly written assessment, which cannot justify such a good mark (not a reflection on you Callym!)- I hope the assessor coordinator would pick up on this.

But if I was you Callum, I wouldn't worry about it! I only worry for those referees depending on this assessor for their promotion, only to be given this sort of quality.

Anyway, enough of my woes!

Back