A&H

Open Age First a cheat, now blind

Phonesurgeon

Cook, Cleaner and Bottle Washer
Level 7 Referee
Well as the title, first I got called a effing cheat.... Today I got told I'm effing blind....
Needless to say both players walked... And both players stayed pitch side defiant of my instructions to leave... Oh and for the stats, both players came out with those comments in the 86th minutes.
Only difference was the league. Saturday on first and sunday for second.
Both reports for RC gone in together with misconduct.

The Referee Store
I'd add into that anything along the lines of 'how much they paying you ref' or anything that implies bias or cheating.

I'd add into that anything along the lines of 'how much they paying you ref' or anything that implies bias or cheating.
Agreed - I have sent off a player in the past for being dum enough to say this to me.

Agreed - I have sent off a player in the past for being dum enough to say this to me.
Stuff like this I view / hear in the same way as dissent ... taking into account not just the exact words that are used but the volume and level of aggression. I can imagine many situations where 'How much they paying you ref?' said in a normal voice with a smile on the player's face would come across (to me at least) as harmless banter. Screamed nastily from 30 yards away ... very different matter!

Stuff like this I view / hear in the same way as dissent ... taking into account not just the exact words that are used but the volume and level of aggression. I can imagine many situations where 'How much they paying you ref?' said in a normal voice with a smile on the player's face would come across (to me at least) as harmless banter. Screamed nastily from 30 yards away ... very different matter!

Yeah I felt that was 'suffice to say' stuff so didn't include it

Of course the delivery is important: I've had it said to me before and patted the player on the back and replied 'a downsight more than you are pal' and had a laugh. Conversely I've also sent people packing for the same comment but with different intent

Shouted at from halfway line, while I was near PA loud enough for people in clubhouse to hear... I think the was well deserved

Tonight, at end of game, 'congratulations, you got them their equaliser, followed closely by (after I showed him my watch) no way, you changed that.' We had lots of added time. Altogether, red card.

Well at least I can say that my CFA is consistent...
Both players got 2 match ban. Some learn and adapt, others must have deep pocket( words from my ref sec).

Back