A&H

First 6 games

HertsFinest

Next Weeks Ref
Afternoon lads and lass's

Just a quick one, when you did your first six games did your local league allow you to ref any youth football prior to module five so you could ref in a league as a Level 9 to complete your six games?

Cheers in advance!

A&H International

Just a quick one, when you did your first six games did your local league allow you to ref any youth football prior to module five so you could ref in a league as a Level 9 to complete your six games?

Cheers in advance!

Most leagues will allow you to referee in their league no matter what level, what I would do is tell the league you need 9v9 or 11v11 games as you need to complete your 6 games, normally they would give you the lowest age group in their league which plays offside just so you don't feel like you're out of your comfort zone..
Good Luck

Cheers in advance!

Yeah definitely, almost all leagues will actively encourage it because they are always in need of more qualified referees for their matches. I didn't even do a module 5 and I know others who didn't either so it wouldn't really make a difference.

If the leagues wouldn't let you ref, you'd never be able to get your 6 games done!

Cheers in advance!
My league let me do them with no problem so you should be fine.

When I did this last year I rang round the club secretaries/ team managers for my local clubs and told them that I had just qualified as a ref and that if any of their teams 9v9 or 11v11 had any pre season friendlies that I would come and referee them for free.

The secretaries sent out emails and were very supportive, giving me an overwhelming response, and manager would like a referee even for a friendly but most don't want to pay the prices. You also won't get much stuff from the players/parents/coaches because it is only a friendly so it it is a very good way to start. :)

Hello @HertsFinest, welcome to the forum, always nice to have guys from Herts! Also have a look on some local club websites and contact a few managers to see if they've got any friendlies they need a ref for, no harm in it, I did it and now have 4 or 5 managers who use me for friendlies.
Best to get experience before competitive matches!

Thanks all so much. Glad to see quite a few on here from Herts too Mike!

Great to see so many replies so quick during the beer season!

Reffed many friendlies before in a very unofficial sense so looking forward to getting regular games under my belt!

Thanks again all :)

Hey, welcome to the forum! If you're in South / West Herts then I can probably give you the lowdown on the local leagues so send me a message ... if you're in the other half of the county then I'm probably no use to you :)

Hi Russell, I assume by south/west you mean Watford? Lol. My area realistically stretches from potters bar to Welwyn Hatfield st albans Hertford ware etc! Potters bar/London colney about as far south west as I'm likely to venture!!

Yep, so MHRML is realistically the best for you. Registration forms will be on the website at the start of July after the AGM.

Back