A&H

First 6 games question

Michael Ives

Hi

All of my local leagues appear to be 'full of refs,' has anyone got any advice on how to go about getting your first 6 games in before you are fully qualifed?

The Referee Store
Contact a school, other than that, you'll just have to contact more leagues that are further away!

Michael, have just had a look at your FA and you really don't have many leagues at youth level. Of those I don't see very many that do 11v11 (which is the requirement for your 6). As Charlie suggested, contact your local Schools and offer yourself up, but also contact your RDO. That should be their job to sort you out with your six games. I think that part of the problem is that a lot of adults ref at youth games, not really realising that they are making it difficult for younger refs who are not allowed to ref at Open Age. All you can do is make a nuisance of yourself and keep pushing. Good luck.

Hi Michael, not sure where in Herts you live, but try contacting the Cheshunt Youth league and Watford friendly League, both leagues have teams in and around Herts. I have refereed on the WFL and it is a big league that always need more referees.

Kevin

Michael, get in touch with Sharpy and ask for details on joining the Academy.

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking, and I'll put you in touch directly with relevant people.

Hi Michael, not sure where in Herts you live, but try contacting the Cheshunt Youth league and Watford friendly League, both leagues have teams in and around Herts. I have refereed on the WFL and it is a big league that always need more referees.

Kevin
Thanks everyone

I have contacted the Watford league as they seem short of refs
I may look into the academy but would like to get a bit of experience first!

Thanks everyone

I have contacted the Watford league as they seem short of refs
I may look into the academy but would like to get a bit of experience first!
As much as the academy may seem like a 'big jump' up. You'd really benefit from it! They have referee coaches at some, who will give you tips on where to improve on and stuff! You should give it a try! Also, the dissent from both players and parents will be a lot less that what you may get in other leagues!

Michael, the Herts Academy is a great place to start. Based at Watford's training ground, London Colney, you'll benefit no end.

Email me - daniel.cohen@hotmail.co.uk - and I can advise further about leagues/clubs depending on your age and location.

Yeah, it's nearly finished and Roger Bowden, who created it is retiring this summer, so I'm not sure who's running it. Feel free to email me and I'll help you find games.

Back