A&H

Few minor struggles

ok I actually had this.
guy was fouled, a nothing foul. got up, pointed at opponent and went " am gonna break your fcking legs ya cnut "

" well you wont be doing it on this pitch today" i said as i produced the red....granted I was helped by his use of the c word....

this was also years back when the offence was foul and abusive.

as Big Cat touched on , you dont just have the shouty guy to worry about, you have any number of opponents willing to do him first now, so, if someones as stupid as to make loud clear threats, imo, best for everybody if their game comes to an end

The Referee Store
Some great advice.

I've been beating myself up about off sides but at least I now know were all in the same boat and thanks for the advice, really difficult .

Re the sin bin comment there was only a few minutes left this made the decision easier for me as I knew a sin bin would remove all risk of the player potentially flying into someone and carrying this out.
Added to the fact the other team heard the comment and rightly so weren't happy I felt the player needed to be removed from the game .

My mate that does semi pro level said he would send palyer off as its
  • using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or action(s)

Some great advice.

I've been beating myself up about off sides but at least I now know were all in the same boat and thanks for the advice, really difficult .

Re the sin bin comment there was only a few minutes left this made the decision easier for me as I knew a sin bin would remove all risk of the player potentially flying into someone and carrying this out.
Added to the fact the other team heard the comment and rightly so weren't happy I felt the player needed to be removed from the game .

My mate that does semi pro level said he would send palyer off as its
  • using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or action(s)
The only thing I would add here is that what is happening is that you are starting with the mindset of "I want to get this player off the park, what can I do him for?" This is trying to find a crime to fit the punishment.

Back