A&H

Feel embarrassed

JoeMaloney5

Level 7 Referee
So basically attacker goes down my angle I see a dive with no contact as he was running across a defender. The team who get the free kick give it back to the other teams goalie as they say there was contact ... me well I feel embarrassed 😥

The Referee Store
So basically attacker goes down my angle I see a dive with no contact as he was running across a defender. The team who get the free kick give it back to the other teams goalie as they say there was contact ... me well I feel embarrassed 😥
You've been silent for a while... good to hear you're still ruling the roost up north
I did a friendly tother week and got on the blindside for a throw in. Bashed the arm out one way enthusiastically, all the spectators LOL... bashed the arm out in tother direction... we all LOL :bag:

Wouldn't even worry about it.

I disallowed a goal last season for a charging offence that took two players out and was told that the team I awarded the free-kick to gave the ball back to the opposition because, "even they knew it was a **** call."

Can't win them all.

Gunna be totally honest no I didn't even though I know I should've.
In hindsight, this is one occasion that two wrongs made a right.

Depending on the temperature of the game, I sometime apologise to the few players around me, especially the guy I give the free kick against. It just shows the human side of you. No one is infallible.

On another note, if you are sure you have stuffed up, you can reverse your decision if game hasn't restarted.

I only ever cautioned once for simulation. In hindsight i should've let it go as i wasn't sure enough, even though the culprit seemingly took it on the chin

Mate, we have all been there. I remember crabbing and full arse over head trying to run past dugouts! Keep going pal!

Back