A&H

Favourite player lines.

Philip Burrows

Level 7 Referee
What are your favourites line come out with after a foul?

Mine has got to be "I got the ball" (whilst the player has had his leg nearly snapped in two)

Any more people find funny or just baffling

The Referee Store
Similar in that he says "it's my first foul" when you book them for a late tackle in the 76th minute.

'In the back ref!' - whenever a player doesn't win a header. Or my personal old favourite; 'I didn't touch him' when he has been beaten and leaves his leg hanging out to trip an opponent.

Would have to go with 'In the back ref', from James Field, and 'FOUL THROW'... After every single throw!

How long left ref?
in the back ref!
foul throw ref!

since when is it a foul to push someone ref? (Only once but my fave!)

Any time the ball hits a player above hip - hand ball ref!

no more games this season. I miss it already. Roll on August!

"Referees should be invisible, they're only job is too look for anyone offside"

That's the best one I've had

The old favourites when you start reaching for your cards "It's my first foul though" and "Come on ref that'll cost him, dont you know there's a recession."

At a game I watched at Penzance Reserves the coach shouted 'REF!!!' every time the opposition won the ball be it fairly or not

One yesterday I got from a GK, in open age.

Black vs White, had been a tough, physical but fair game with no cards. 1-0 to black in the 84th. White attack, ball comes across the box and defender handles it. Blow for the penalty.

Keeper says " What? Ref! You can't be serious!! How can you give that in the context of the game?"

Player: "I went for the ball ref!"
Me: "Maybe you did, but you got all of the man and none of the ball!"

I also hate hearing the phrase "No intent" floating about!

Player: "The ball changed direction ref!!"
Me: "The ball may have changed direction but you still cant play the man!"

Back