A&H

Fat TW@T

Dazzykerr

Level 6 Referee
Hi all new poster here.
I am doing my course at the end of the month done my online stuff. So far
So my question
I was doing my boys under 11 match yesterday and one of the other team ten year old called me a fat ****. As the league says you can’t send anyone off I went to the the coach explained what he did and asked him to be subbed The boy denied it and coach wouldn’t do what I asked.
What would you do in this situation

thanks in advance

The Referee Store
While I wouldn't really be expecting to need to use cards in an U11 match, I wouldn't want to be refereeing in a league where they tell you that you can't use them...

In this scenario I'd advise the coach that if he doesn't substitute the player then you will red card the player. If he still refuses then do it - he can't say he wasn't warned! Report the coach to the league for refusing to substitute the player. Also, inform your county FA that the league is trying to tell you that you can't send players off.

Hi all new poster here.
I am doing my course at the end of the month done my online stuff. So far
So my question
I was doing my boys under 11 match yesterday and one of the other team ten year old called me a fat ****. As the league says you can’t send anyone off I went to the the coach explained what he did and asked him to be subbed The boy denied it and coach wouldn’t do what I asked.
What would you do in this situation

thanks in advance
I'd send him off. Stuff what the league says (if indeed they do actually say this it can only be unofficial as I doubt they would get affiliated with that in their comp rules.)
The laws of the game allow for what modifications can be made and the use of the red card is not one of them.
Not sending off for that sets a very very bad example and sets a very very poor tone for their older age ranges.

red for also. Red card and misconduct report submitted.

your ' asking' him to be subbed, would be me ' telling' him ( in your shoes, given i would red card)

sorry to say this would be a he goes or I do.

That’s a red for me too as well.

What a peculiar league, saying that players can’t be sent off. I assume that if a player head butted an opponent (I know this is u10 so it’s unlikely to happen) would you just be expected to ask for him to be subbed?

Red card all day long. (Law 12 - OFFINABUS).

Can't have the tail wagging the dog ... 😎

Ok coach, this player is taking no further part in the game. Either you sub him or I send him off. Over that age I wouldn’t offer an option; I’m fat and a tw*t but don’t need reminding!

There is no way this can be anything other than a red. Put it through on whole game or mail the discipline department at your county FA. The league has nothing to do with telling you what you can and can't do.

Worst case, that league doesn't give you any more fixtures, guess what? there is a chronic shortage of refs at all levels, it's not like there would be no other games for you to do!

Red card. Old enough to use that language, old enough for the consequences.

the RC rules for these are generally for the “in-game” things. Poor behaviour like this has no place in kids football.

Back