A&H

Fastest sending off ever

matty639

Level 5 Referee
So I had a cup game this afternoon and we kick off as normal, ball gets played back to defenders who knock it around a bit before passing to DM. Cue opposition player lunging in about knee high making the term brutality seem soft, straight red issued without so much as a quibble from anyone. I double check my watch and it's reading 57 seconds.

Made me wonder if anyone's had a faster one than that as I think the earliest one I've ever issued before was about 10 minutes in.

The Referee Store
Opps. Gotta thank the defender for the initial blunder which gets the keeper walked

My quickest was probably about 20 minutes! So cant compete with your at all!

Watching that vid I thought the attacker charging towards the defender was going to fly into a tackle. Hospital pass to the extreme from the centre half!

Last edited by a moderator:
This also has the added bonus of an outfield player ending up in goal.

I love that, especially when they dive like Klinsman for the ball!

... I can't remember ever having a first half send-off - must be doing something wrong !

I've not had any that quick into a game, but I have had similar.

Mid-way through second half of the game, home team make a sub. Throw-in is taken, the sub makes an awful two-footed lunge and is sent off. 11 seconds, 0 touches of the ball!

I now play for this team and this guy is one of the boys I get on best with! Funny old world...!

72 seconds for violent conduct is my quickest.
I believe a Hampshire ref holds the official record of 3 seconds which was a two footed lunge straight into one of the two players taking the kick off

Back