A&H

Open Age FAL TOWARDS THE REF

Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be some confusion here between cautioning and a straight red. Some of you are quoting the caution procedure. I was posting about getting a foul mouthed idiot off the pitch as quick as possible. I would take his number, if necessary ask the captain for a name and use my match sheet. I am not getting in to a conversation with someone who wants to call me a c@#t, simple !

A&H International
Regardless mate, you still need to confirm his name.

I have sent off many foul mouthed oiks over the seasons and to a man they have all given their name when asked.

"Player - HERE PLEASE"

"NAME please"..... (Reply name) if he doesn't " LAST TIME CAN I Have your name please no one say that to me" - They give their name and you show red card.

If they don't give the name, the secretary has the opportunity to give it you after the game or you report it as No name and what happened.

Use of captains should help too. If foul-mouthed oik doesn't want to give you his name, bring his skipper in and encourage him to do so. As soon as the skipper hears you, possibly, mention an abandonment due to refusal to supply name, it normally appears rather sharpish!!

Not sure about that Dan.
Refusal of name is no grounds for an abandonment for me and you should never threaten abandonment unless you intend to do so.
I've no problem putting in no name, with an explanation of the refusal, let the FA add a few quid onto the fine.

Not sure about that Dan.
Refusal of name is no grounds for an abandonment for me and you should never threaten abandonment unless you intend to do so.
I've no problem putting in no name, with an explanation of the refusal, let the FA add a few quid onto the fine.
Of course it's not a reason to abandon. But do you really think there's a club out there willing to call your bluff? Of course not, because they all know the implications of a club-caused abandonment! If you sound like you mean it, they'll think you do!

I recall when I was 16/17 refereeing a u14 game as a favour (I stopped doing youth football when I could do open age) and there was a loudmouth, arrogant k**b of a coach. He said something that annoyed me (can't remember what) and I had a word with him.
A while later (he'd moved from "bench side" to "spectator side", he started swearing at the kids and I then heard him, clear as day, tell a player on his team to "kick the f***ing s**t out of that f***ing number 10 and make sure that he can't f***ing get back up.
Game stopped. I called him over to me and informed him that he was to immediately leave the vicinity of the field and to head indoors (we were on the field right by the building). He told me to f*** off and get on with the game. I informed him that I wouldn't be restarting this game until he was gone. More foul language followed and a refusal to move. I said he has 60 seconds to go inside or I walk off and abandon the game. At 55 seconds, he realised I was being serious and went inside.
Game continued, he received a lengthy ban & hefty fine.

Would I have abandoned? I don't know. But he damn well thought I would!!

I very much hope you would have abandoned.
Difference is Dan, the situation you describe isn't simply someone refusing to give his name. It is a club official refusing to leave the VOTFOP and is def a situation where I have threatened to abandon many times. Have I ever had to: no. Was I prepared to do so: Damn right I was.
If you threaten to abandon if someone doesn't/does do something and they do it anyway you then have 2 choices: Abandon for something trivial or don't abandon and your credibility is simply gone.

A coach refusing to leave the vicinity of the field and refusing to stop participating in the match is a LOTG issue, thus a legitimate case for abandonment.

A player not providing their name actually has nothing to do with the LOTG, thus not a case for abandonment.

Don't threaten what you're not prepared to do, IMO. Because if the captain is also fed up with you, or if the team is on the bottom of the ladder and getting frustrated every match, then he just might tell you to 'f*****g abandon then!'. The player/club can face additional fines/suspension for not providing their name, AFAIK. That threat should be sufficient.

Regardless mate, you still need to confirm his name.

I have sent off many foul mouthed oiks over the seasons and to a man they have all given their name when asked.

Yep.
Most players I imagine give their name thinking they're getting a caution. I'm always amazed at the language and the level of insult towards their opponents and even their own team mates at times.
I genuinely believe that more than 50% of players at grass roots level have absolutely no idea that OFFINABUS is a red card offence. :cool:

holy_thread_resurrection_batman.jpg

last September was the last post @Kes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back