A&H

Fair play Mark Clattenburg

RegalRef

Politically Incorrect
Watching Leicester v Swansea, Clatts in the middle.

No doubt you all do like me, and tend to watch a game very differently to non-referees.

I have long been an admirer of Mark Clattenburg, and he seems like a great bloke to go for a pint with.

But today in particular, his effort, fitness and speed across the field are just exceptional. His demeanour with the players is also the same, chat is direct, to the point and at just the right times.

Has to be our best referee at the moment surely?

A&H International
Totally agree I've been lucky enough to train a few times with him and he's quick off the mark all his training is base around pace

I like his style too. He does tend to use his own bizarre signals though! They're not from any book I've read!!

Consistently good performances from Mark week in, week out; when he's not getting into trouble at least :D

I also rate Martin Atkinson very highly too though and I'm glad to see both of them going off to the Euros

Not a fan of Atkinson to be honest, his judgement of "Excessive Force/Endangering the safety of an opponent" challenges has been poor in recent seasons.

For me Mark Clattenburg & Mike Dean have consistently set the standards for others to follow.

UEFA appear to be fans of Clattenburg, he is in the middle for tonight's Atletico vs Bayern CL semi final 1st leg...

Reactions: SM
It's a crying shame the FA and refereeing powers that currently be don't really rate him ;)

I wonder if Clattenburg might have had a chance to offer his opinion to the panel having seen the incident again, possible I guess.

Glad to see that he has just be appointed to be refereeing the FA Cup final! If you are on here with different name and picture Mark, Well done!!!

Back