A&H

Fabregas Red

The Referee Store
What a ridiculous decision.

Either it was VC, or it wasn't. If it was, then it's 3 matches. If not, have the testicular fortitude to say it and cancel the red card.

What a ridiculous decision.

Either it was VC, or it wasn't. If it was, then it's 3 matches. If not, have the testicular fortitude to say it and cancel the red card.

With the full bias of being a Chelsea fan, i completely agree with this.

I can see both arguments - on the one hand, my god how ****ing stupid is Fabregas? On the other hand, I'm not 100% sure it qualifies as either violent conduct or using excessive force. it is certainly not offinabus, or any other reason for a red card.

HOWEVER, once it is a red card (and I think that is a judgement call.) the FA have to stand by their guns. If CHelsea have 'successfully argued that it isn't excessive' then it becomes what? Use of force?? It's either excessive force, and a 3 match ban, or its a yellow-card offence and no ban at all.

I have a different take on this. Fabregas was "injured" and out for a few games back in January. In the cup game against Liverpool, JT slid into him in the centre circle. Fab got up, walked straight off, looking disgusted, not looking injured. Since then Fab has played within himself. Then he got the mask. Then he has got himself deliberately sent off to miss the meaningless games at the end of the season.

My guess is that Fab is disgruntled, if not totally gutted that he joined the "wrong" club, and he can't get over past grievances with JT - and, based on that "tackle" neither can JT. Note that tackle had no other players in the vicinity;)

Was it a red? I trust our colleague on the spot on that. Though it must be very difficult to judge intent through a mask using your own peripheral vision in a case like this!

Back