A&H

FA Cup Games

Leo del Rosso

The FA Cup extra preliminary round fixtures have been announced recently.

Does anybody know what level of referee they choose for this game (both referee and for assistants)?

The Referee Store
In my experience
L5 for AR
L4 or higher for middles

Also look out for the other FA fixtures - FA Vase and FA Youth Cup - more likely to get appointments at a higher level than a L7 though

Normally a pre-cursor to being appointed is an email from The FA informing you that your local FA (Essex) has put your name forward for FA appointments (asking you to close any holiday dates) ...

Extra prelim - i got a line last year as a L6, other line was a L5 and ref a L3, so swings and round abouts.

Think the CFA have a bit of a say .....

Extra prelim - i got a line last year as a L6, other line was a L5 and ref a L3, so swings and round abouts.

Think the CFA have a bit of a say .....
They nominate from their pool of ARs operating at Supply. It isn't restricted to L5 but promising L6 can get in as well. L7s are often less likely to have the degree of experience on the line.

Though you can get to L6 without ever having run a line and to L5 only having done 5, so that's why there is a selection and nomination process.

In the years I was appointed I always managed to pick up an injury which ruled me out from my FA appointments in The Cup, Vase and Trophy. I had usually recovered in time to referee and line in the Youth Cup and line in the latter stages of the Sunday and Women's Cups though. Great appointments!

HAs it gone out by email?

I'm guessing if you have not got an email nor it's on MOAS then you haven't been appointed? #gutted.

I've been nominated again this year, so expecting (as last season) to get a FA Youth prelim game some time in September. Did a line as L6 last year and the ref was a L5 so hoping for a middle this season.

Back