A&H

FA cup final referee

Good knowledge, although I guess it's theoretically possible to be a top AR, do your cup final and then drop back to level 3 and work your way back to the top as a ref over the course of 15-20 years?
Was Darren England ever a FIFA AR? I could’ve sworn I saw him on a play off final replay on Sky, on the line with a FIFA badge. He’s now a referee in the Championship

The Referee Store
Good knowledge, although I guess it's theoretically possible to be a top AR, do your cup final and then drop back to level 3 and work your way back to the top as a ref over the course of 15-20 years?

Theoretically. Awfully tough, though, to get that far up the AR ladder and have the time left to reach the pinnacle of the R ladder.

If we are talking about theoretical possibilities, how about playing in an FA cup final, then AR'ing in one, 4O, Ref, and then come back as a coach and coach in one.

If we are talking about theoretical possibilities, how about playing in an FA cup final, then AR'ing in one, 4O, Ref, and then come back as a coach and coach in one.

Does the People's FA Cup Final count? >_>

Reactions: one
Was Darren England ever a FIFA AR? I could’ve sworn I saw him on a play off final replay on Sky, on the line with a FIFA badge. He’s now a referee in the Championship
Yes he was - see attached. He could get the set as well, but it’s harder to do both now.
https://www.barnsleychronicle.com/a...irst-barnsley-man-to-run-line-in-fa-cup-final

Con Hatzidakis was AAR last year and is AR this, but has now come off the conference premier middle so is unlikely to referee on the EFL

Back