A&H

FA / County Cup Expectations

I understand about looking professional and believe its right to do so. Maybe more so at the higher levels but image does help! I trust a guy who looks like he knows what his doing more than someone who looks clueless. Depends what players / managers expect I guess. I got away with it as it was very early round game with 2 relaxed teams who just want to play football and 2 referees who didnt care. 1 mentioned the expectation from the FA but also said that its hard when the place we were at only had a working shower half the time!

As for having a beer I guess that depends on the situation. All players having a few after the game then crack on. Have a beer and enjoy. No one else is drinking, might want to stick to a soft drink. Just judge the situation really. I dont think referees choice should neccessarily influence yours though!

And the coffee before the game is a tough one. Had he poured that coffee into a reusable cup and not a branded cup, would anyone of cared? Or even of the brand was less known for fast food but more know for quality coffees? Guess its the branding thats the issue more than having a coffee. Players wouldnt be seen doing this at higher levels and refs are expected to be on par. Again less of an issue at a park with dave whos been out the night before and turns up with cigarette in hand.

The Referee Store
The supply league I'm on is step 7. I have never gone to a game on this league without wearing a shirt and tie even in the lower and reserve divisions. It's usually a suit but in colder months a warmer coat but always shirt and tie. Same goes for County and District cup competitions.

Back