A&H

F*ggot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am fascinated by the Canadian mandatory off in a bus list! Like the idea!

I think you did right by both decisions bTw. Reported 1st. Red for 2nd. No need for that language full stop.

The Referee Store
Faggots!! Now you've got my attention !! My local butchers do the best faggots in the world, any they're massive.

But back to the original comments, if you worked in an office, would you publicly shout across to big Dave in the corner and call him a faggot?
Probably not?
Why?
Because it's wrong!!

That's my input, I'm off to asda for some brains faggots and onion gravy.

While this has gone waaaayyy off topic, I would just say a cafe round the corner from where I work makes their own.... Faggots and peas is great.

Hitching up my team of horses to drag this back on topic ...

Having cringed at bstard's interpretation of DOGSO and the application of the law around it, I wholeheartedly agree with his actions in both cases in the OP. His role as NAR is to advise the referee and let the referee decide if s/he wants to take action. In the role of referee, he decided (and I agree) this is an offensive term and the player should be dismissed.

No argument about free speech, "bantz" or any other excuse. This is a derogatory term used towards homosexual men. If the disciplinary commission agree and believe there was an element of discrimination in its use, then this player will face a minimum suspension of 5 games from all football.

Interestingly I had this too on Sunday.

Player heckled another player (opposition) after a shoulder to shoulder and called him a fa**ot (which I personally despise!)

I called the player over with his captain and the conversation went as such:

Me: "Thats the last time you use that word on my pitch"
Him: "What? Fa**ot?"
"Yes. And Ill say it again - thats the *last* time you say that word"
Player walks away - and when about 10 foot away says (first aimed at his team, then turned to me);
"Im not allowed to say Fa**ot... But you can eat fa**ots?"
"So you're saying you want to put that player in your mouth?"
Blushes and laughter from his team.

Yes, I just ended up ridiculing him, but if I was in a worse mood - I would have sent him after line 2.

Interestingly I had this too on Sunday.

Player heckled another player (opposition) after a shoulder to shoulder and called him a fa**ot (which I personally despise!)

I called the player over with his captain and the conversation went as such:

Me: "Thats the last time you use that word on my pitch"
Him: "What? Fa**ot?"
"Yes. And Ill say it again - thats the *last* time you say that word"
Player walks away - and when about 10 foot away says (first aimed at his team, then turned to me);
"Im not allowed to say Fa**ot... But you can eat fa**ots?"
"So you're saying you want to put that player in your mouth?"
Blushes and laughter from his team.

Yes, I just ended up ridiculing him, but if I was in a worse mood - I would have sent him after line 2.

Oops. Either you find the word faggot offensive or you don't.

Joining in with a laugh about him putting a player in his mouth when he's called him that smells a bit to me.

think about the word f*ggot. It is a derogatory word and is homophobic. It is an insult and outside of the little meaty oniony balls that share the word, it has no nice, useful or positive uses.

Disagree - you can quite safely burn faggots on bonfires (large lump of wood for burning)

As for the OP I'm not overly fussed about it's use in those contexts. If it's really meant as OFFINABUS it'll have obvious malice there too with other accompanying words.

In addition, if it was a slur, and interpreted as such by the recipient, there would in all probability be a violent or aggressive reaction before any further action could be taken.

Don't go looking for trouble. it will find you when it's ready.

Disagree - you can quite safely burn faggots on bonfires (large lump of wood for burning)

As for the OP I'm not overly fussed about it's use in those contexts. If it's really meant as OFFINABUS it'll have obvious malice there too with other accompanying words.

In addition, if it was a slur, and interpreted as such by the recipient, there would in all probability be a violent or aggressive reaction before any further action could be taken.

Don't go looking for trouble. it will find you when it's ready.
Faggot is in and of itself a nasty, homophobic, insulting word and I don't think it matters whether the "recipient" is upset or not - other players may well be. If one white player called another white player "******" in a light-hearted way would that be OK? Would it make any difference if there were black players on either team?
It is the responsibility of the referee to prevent the use of offensive, insulting or abusive language - "faggot" is all of these.

I'm totally lost how you can compare the word faggot to the most emotive word which is associated with generations of slavery, civil rights movements in America, the apartite and much much more where people fought for their lives for equality.

you may have a point there, jacko, though I sense a degree of homophobia in your response.

report on the bbc today of a gay man in syria being tied to a chair and thrown from the seventh floor of a building, surviving and then being stoned and beaten to death by a baying mob...for being gay. never mind, I guess he was just a f@ggot

I'm totally lost how you can compare the word faggot to the most emotive word which is associated with generations of slavery, civil rights movements in America, the apartite and much much more where people fought for their lives for equality.
The words are the same in that they are hate words.

you may have a point there, jacko, though I sense a degree of homophobia in your response.

report on the bbc today of a gay man in syria being tied to a chair and thrown from the seventh floor of a building, surviving and then being stoned and beaten to death by a baying mob. never mind, I guess he was just a f@ggot

How dare you suggest that I'm homophobic beacuse I don't see both words the as the same.

You don't know my sexual preference and I don't care for anyone else's.

I'm done with this now. Everyone has had plenty of time to say their bit.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back