A&H

Everton/Fulham

cwyeary

RefChat Addict
Curious to see what some think after they catch MOTD. First the chalked off goal for a foul on the Fulham GK and then the late PK not given to Fulham for handball.

The Referee Store
Goalkeeper is bumped in the air when he is control of the ball. Nothing to do with the landing for me.

Goalkeeper is bumped in the air when he is control of the ball. Nothing to do with the landing for me.

i think the keeper catches the ball cleanly then lands on the defender causing him to drop the ball. i don't see that as a foul

Yeah, for me there's both a little nudge in the air that might be afoul, but also an active movement towards the keeper by the Everton player to pin him in place as soon as he realises that he's between the keeper and the ball. That's enough in total for me to be happy with this being disallowed.

i think the keeper catches the ball cleanly then lands on the defender causing him to drop the ball. i don't see that as a foul
I thought it was the attackers hand that knocked the ball from the keepers hands?

Was it? Hadn't seen that!

Yeah. When the keeper came down the Everton players hand dislodged the ball. Of course this was a totally accidental handball and a teammate scored. But I feel like even an accidental handball knocking the ball from the keepers hand before a teammate scored would not be expected to stand in the spirit of the laws.

I'm surprised more people didn't see that but everyone was so focused on the lack of contact for a foul.

Reactions: es1
Yeah. When the keeper came down the Everton players hand dislodged the ball. Of course this was a totally accidental handball and a teammate scored. But I feel like even an accidental handball knocking the ball from the keepers hand before a teammate scored would not be expected to stand in the spirit of the laws.

I'm surprised more people didn't see that but everyone was so focused on the lack of contact for a foul.

The GK can't be challenged with the ball. If the attacker's hand dislodged the ball from the keeper, that's a foul, not a handball--just the same as if the attacker kicks a ball that a GK has pinned to the ground.

Back