A&H

Europa League Final

Joshref

Not long before we got a major incident. Are we showing a red to Lundstram for Serious Foul Play here or a yellow?

The Referee Store
I think that referee gave the benefit of the doubt because the Frankfurt player had his head slightly down.

Think this is an orange card to be honest as it is reckless bordering on dangerous.

Yet to see a video but the stills are presenting a clear red card.
In my opinion, you have your feet that high AND strike your opponent, you are endangering their safety.

Had one similar recently differing slightly in that it was an over head kick. Same result for player kicked though, blood pouring from head. :redcard:

I think the referee is being sensible and trying to keep his cards away, as we see happen so often in cup finals. If he nails the game and keeps it in full control it has worked, ifit all kicks off it will have backfired.

I don't think anyone is going to thank him for sending off for that so early in such a big cup final, and I very much include his paymasters in that.

Nope. Can’t see any evidence to overturn it.

Despite the fact the referee signalled a corner despite no touch on the ball from the Rangers defender but clips the Frankfurt attacker, I think the attackers delayed fall backfired there but imo it should of been looked at on the monitor.

Despite the fact the referee signalled a corner despite no touch on the ball from the Rangers defender but clips the Frankfurt attacker, I think the attackers delayed fall backfired there but imo it should of been looked at on the monitor.

Trip? No
Holding? No
Pushing? No
Pulling? No

Therefore, no evidence for me. Corner wrong restart, granted but that’s outside the VAR remit.

Just want to be clear: it can only be looked at by the R at the monitor if the VAR concludes it was a clear and obvious error not to award the PK. It‘s not, as many fans seem to think, “gee, you might want to take a second look at that.”

Back