A&H

Euro league qualifers..champ league round minus 6

Remember the one thing that dictates everything these days is TV money that’s what will have the final say on what happens.

Sky BT & I believe Amazon have spent in the region of 5-6bn to show premier league footy upuntil May 2022, do you honestly think they’re gonna stand by and let the World Cup take over large parts of November / December without having something to say about it or pay the same again when the bidding comes round again.

I’m not gonna pretend to have the first clue about how it’s all gonna work but for me it’s got the potential to get messy.

Sky, BT & Amazon have the rights up to, and including, the 2021/22 season. So, if as I suspect, the season is extended into June, they will still be able to show the games.

Not sure they (Sky et al) would want their (expensive) Premier League football going head to head with the World Cup.

Amazon might even be rubbing their hands with glee - they have the rights to show all PL games on Boxing Day: imagine the pull, domestic football has been suspended for six weeks and they can show all the games when the league restarts.

The Referee Store
Sky, BT & Amazon have the rights up to, and including, the 2021/22 season. So, if as I suspect, the season is extended into June, they will still be able to show the games.

Not sure they (Sky et al) would want their (expensive) Premier League football going head to head with the World Cup.

Amazon might even be rubbing their hands with glee - they have the rights to show all PL games on Boxing Day: imagine the pull, domestic football has been suspended for six weeks and they can show all the games when the league restarts.

Basically the TV packages have been snapped up until the end of the 2021/22 season.

So the World Cup will fall during the 2022/23 season around November / December time.

So the question is how will that affect the bidding and how much the broadcasters are prepared to pay for Premier League football when the packages become available, will they want to pay the usual billions even so there will be a World Cup stuck right in the middle of the 2022/23 season.

Back