A&H

England vs Portugal

SM

The avuncular one
head high challenge on Kane. Portuguese sent off. In a "friendly"

Respect to Kane. No rolling around, off and running.

Come on ref "spirit of the game!" Surely only a caution!!! Went for the ball. Other football cliches.

:)

The Referee Store

Come on ref "spirit of the game!" Surely only a caution!!! Went for the ball. Other football cliches.

You've ruined this game ref.

Exactly what I was going to post Secret Mate. ;)

A challenge that Bruce Lee would have been proud of but instead of rolling 15 yards, holding his head and screaming in agony, the guy just bounces straight back up and looks to make good the attacking opportunity before being called back by the referee. Definite straight red but bravo Harry Kane lad. Proper Englishman.

Take note, the rest of the professional footballing world!! :cool:

Exactly what I was going to post Secret Mate. ;)

A challenge that Bruce Lee would have been proud of but instead of rolling 15 yards, holding his head and screaming in agony, the guy just bounces straight back up and looks to make good the attacking opportunity before being called back by the referee. Definite straight red but bravo Harry Kane lad. Proper Englishman.

Take note, the rest of the professional footballing world!! :cool:

Racist :p

Shouldn't have been a red, I'm sure "he's not that kind of lad" :oops:

In all seriousness though, horrible challenge. How good was it to see Kane jump up and get on with it though?

One of the most dangerous tackles I've seen

I'm in no way exaggerating when I say an inch in a different place and Kane could be a vegetable/dead with a challenge like that

Disgusting and hope he gets an extended ban. Utter animal.

In a different universe, how would Pepe have reacted if it happened to him, given the ECL on Saturday?

Best comic images please.

Disgusting and hope he gets an extended ban. Utter animal.

Completely agree, but the comedy duo talking over the match (sorry, the commentators) mentioned that there isn't usually sanctions for a red card in a friendly such as this, although it could be reviewed if a panel thought it warranted further action. Does anybody know if that is correct?

Completely agree, but the comedy duo talking over the match (sorry, the commentators) mentioned that there isn't usually sanctions for a red card in a friendly such as this, although it could be reviewed if a panel thought it warranted further action. Does anybody know if that is correct?
If they meant that there would be no sanctions then I think they were wrong but if they meant it wouldn't carry over into the Euros, that seems to be correct. As I read the FIFA disciplinary code, any suspension for being sent off in a friendly international is served in the team's subsequent friendly match(es).

Back