A&H

England U19s to replay end of qualifier after refereeing error

Only just watched the vid; An England player did sort of encroach and then realised she had gone early and stepped back out of the area...

A bit of a mess all around this one.

The Referee Store
Does the replay itself fall foul of the laws? I thought a game had to be two halves of equal length (and whilst the length of the halves can be changed, they must remain equal) - therefore just replaying a few minutes after the restart is incorrect?
This is a very good shout .
If they are gonna announce a replay surely it must be the full game ?

What if the mistake was made in the 15th minute ? I assume the result would have stood with no replay as there was plenty of time for the teams to respond to the situation ?

This is a very good shout .
If they are gonna announce a replay surely it must be the full game ?

What if the mistake was made in the 15th minute ? I assume the result would have stood with no replay as there was plenty of time for the teams to respond to the situation ?
And therein lies the problem - where is the line drawn - 25 mins, 65 mins, 80 mins? Is it just a penalty mistake or what about a dodgy offside in the 89th minute? Start of a very slippery slope and possibly the introduction of video technology by default but in the worst possible way, where it'll be post match instead of in match.
Personally I like football the way it is, screw ups 'n all.

How they can do this is beyond me. Yes its a dreadful mistake and its fair that England got a second bite of the cherry but when do you draw the line?

Every game in history near enough has had a mistake somewhere... Do we restart every game from that point?

Ridiculous precedent to set by Fifa... Poor.

Criminal and civil laws are often based upon precedent, so what has been decided in one judgement is taken as a ruling that can be applied to future incidents. This is opening Pandora's box.

Personally I like football the way it is, screw ups 'n all.

Completely agree - you just have to get on with it.

I shall second that chaps , its a poor decision by Fifa .

Maybe they should be on the next flight out of there ?

They were pretty quick off the mark in sending the referee home !

How they can do this is beyond me. Yes its a dreadful mistake and its fair that England got a second bite of the cherry but when do you draw the line?

Every game in history near enough has had a mistake somewhere... Do we restart every game from that point?

Ridiculous precedent to set by Fifa... Poor.

Hardly. The line is - and always has - been drawn at an error in law. Not a bad decision, a bad judgement call, but one which black-and-white is contrary to the text.

Hardly. The line is - and always has - been drawn at an error in law. Not a bad decision, a bad judgement call, but one which black-and-white is contrary to the text.
The referees decision was poor ,no one is disputing this .

Fifa s decision to replay 2 minutes of football has to be a monumental howler .

Replay the whole game , if anything ?

As stated previously ,this could open a big can of worms for the future

Give me strength. In the prem we have had 3 recent incidences of the wrong player being sent off, few years back we had goals disallowed that crossed the line, we've had all sorts. Going to replay all of them? Of course not.

They shouldn't be picking and choosing what games to do this with. Simple.

Although its amazing Fifa actually helped England out for once as its normally the boot going into us!

They should forget the football and stay in the kitchen. #itsamansgame

I jest of course.

Why make a post that is just to make a sexist 'joke'? ****ing stupid, not funny, and the sort of 'funny' comment that propogates sexism in society, when we should be celebrating young women who have more footballing talent than any of us. I don't see any members here who have represented their country, at any age level.

With regards the abhorrent original decision, it's **** decision. Punish the referee, don't replay the game.

Mr ******* ...........it was a joke ......! Political correctness has gone mad ..........why is world so ANAL ! Really

Anyway .....?10 ew on Night in Milan for the National at 40/1 fingers crossed

what are you all on ?
pre race please !

I think UEFA got this right. It was an easy decision as it was the end of the game, and the result had a material impact on an international ournament.

It's not the same as a league game, or where the incident happens in the 25ty minute. This was the final seconds of a crucial tournament game and so was the best way to handle it.

There has been no precedent set as those particular set of circumstances will never happen in a league game (unless perhaps it's a relegation or title decider). In any case, I'm sure the best case here was that the right result was achieved.

Why make a post that is just to make a sexist 'joke'? ****ing stupid, not funny, and the sort of 'funny' comment that propogates sexism in society, when we should be celebrating young women who have more footballing talent than any of us. I don't see any members here who have represented their country, at any age level.

With regards the abhorrent original decision, it's **** decision. Punish the referee, don't replay the game.

I cant be sexiest, I live with two females.

Jesus Christ, I think everyone knew @DaveMac was kidding... I've said it before, it always takes that one person to take it to the extreme !
No ones giving out awards for anti-sexism today :)

Give it a rest fella. I'm a full time house husband, I completely maintain our house. On our car insurance policy my occupation is "house wife" (thanks for that Tesco insurance). I'd probably be one of the last people to genuinely believe a womans place is the kitchen. So wind your neck in son.

Back