The Ref Stop

England Slovenia

The Ref Stop
Agreed. Only minor thing I picked up was that he was wrong in law to let the Slovenia player stay on the field after calling the medical staff on (despite them not entering)!

Agreed. Only minor thing I picked up was that he was wrong in law to let the Slovenia player stay on the field after calling the medical staff on (despite them not entering)!
Yes, that was pretty bad, player refusing to get up and physio refusing to come on. I'd be making him go off there.

Had an observer concede the point via phone last season when I did in fact make the player leave FOP (despite no medical entry). Considering how demonstrative he was in waving them on, player should have certainly left.

Had an observer concede the point via phone last season when I did in fact make the player leave FOP (despite no medical entry). Considering how demonstrative he was in waving them on, player should have certainly left.
I had a referee tell me I was wrong when I told him in the debrief a player should have gone off as he'd waved the physio on, he was adamant that as the player had then refused treatment he didn't have to leave. He got sent the text from the law as below, which really couldn't be any more clear.

if the referee has authorised the doctors and/or stretcher bearers to enter the field of play, the player must leave on a stretcher or on foot. A player who does not comply must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour

Back