The Ref Stop

EFL 2024-25 MW7/8

The Ref Stop
I'm sure I will get pulled up for saying this, but I think if I wasn't sure, i'd rather give the ball out of play and face pelters if it was infact in.

People will get over a wrongly disallowed goal quicker than they will get over a goal from a ball out of play.

But of course is a damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I'm sure I will get pulled up for saying this, but I think if I wasn't sure, i'd rather give the ball out of play and face pelters if it was infact in.

People will get over a wrongly disallowed goal quicker than they will get over a goal from a ball out of play.

But of course is a damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Not that straight forward as the goal was scored almost immediately after the ball went out. If he wasn't sure and raised the flag, and it turned out the ball hadn't gone out, play would still have continued so the goal would still have been scored and would just have to be disallowed. It wasn't one that he could raise the flag and play would be stopped before the ball ended up in the net.

I do have sympathy with him as he was obviously running hard and that makes it more difficult to make decisions, but equally an SG2 AR cannot be missing this.

Back