A&H

Ear "Art" - Whats The Rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silhouette

Target of Abuse
Level 7 Referee
I know we’re not allowed players to simply tape up wedding rings/earrings etc…

So whats the position on “Plugs”. They cant really be covered over (can they – or would they look comical) but they must be the worst safety concern of all time?

I mean – I tell people to remove rubber wrist bands for the small possibility of getting them entangled… But plugs just look like they are begging to be caught!

Same goes for plugs that are ‘filled’ – usually with horns – or equally as ridiculously oversized objects.

If they tape them up – it would look like they have rolls of tape on their ears… Do I just refuse them to play unless they take them out?

But then they just become big flappy loops of skin – and the problem remains?

EarPlugs.jpg
mfKsa2jyXfCcrexumyg_C6Q.jpg

The Referee Store
Ah, theres a few off-shoots in that thread, but from what Ive gathered.

The Canadians say to cover over the hole with tape, but must have the plastic ring in.

The UK FA have stated that they must have a filled style flat plug in their ear.

The only one im not sure of now, is those ones that are flat on the front - but a horn on the back.

I think id still refuse them to play.

Follow up question, you tell them they cant play - they dont have enough subs - and will have to play with 10 men (or 8 men if a few of their players have it done). This obviously would not go down well, so you get confronted by the whole team who give you grief.

If they refuse, I would refuse to officiate and simply leave? Or do they have to pay me - as I can imagine trying to get them to pay (or is half?) would be a struggle as ive just pee'd on their bonfire.

Then id submit a misconduct report about why the match didnt happen?

Seems harsh on the other team, that may have traveled some distance...

Must be a tough one to 'manage'. Glad ive never been in that position (yet).

As ASM has highlighted - skip to haywains post on page 2 for a definitive answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back