A&H

Dutch Referee Blog - Euro 2024 match officials

The Euro 2024 match officials have been announced. Below the list with referees for the European Championships in Germany. The full list with all officials can be downloaded at the Uefa website. What are the biggest surprises for you? The referees and their assistant referees Video match officials The full list with all officials can be downloaded at the Uefa website.

Continue reading...

The Referee Store
Pleasing to see Stuart Burt get the nod (as I expected) - fantastic AR.

Interesting that there is a team of Argentinians. Does anyone know why? Is that something that's happened before? (I haven't really paid too much attention in previous Euros)

Pleasing to see Stuart Burt get the nod (as I expected) - fantastic AR.

Interesting that there is a team of Argentinians. Does anyone know why? Is that something that's happened before? (I haven't really paid too much attention in previous Euros)
Yep, it happened at the last Euros. There's some kind of exchange between the federations. Was also Argentinian last time; Fernando Rapallini (or something!)

Also, pleased with the onfield appointments which are definitely deserved by all. Anyone else surprised to see Dan Cook selected over Simon Bennett? Also, VAR appointments - with PL numbers and performance I am fairly surprised John Brooks wasn't selected. Was this potentially due to the fact it's only his second calendar year (so first season in UEFA competitions) on the FIFA list?

Back