A&H

Duration of the Match (Youth)

Trip

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
I recently got caught out by the fact that there has been a recent change in the FA youth rules regarding ball sizes: U10 now use size 3 rather than size 4.

I'm looking for a definitive answer on match duration for the various age groups for this season. I know what they were in the most recent FA document I can find (2018). Can somebody link me to the Standard Code of Rules - Youth 2021/22?

The Referee Store
Perfect, thanks. How did you find this incidentally? Google doesn't produce it even if you put in the exact title.

I recently got caught out by the fact that there has been a recent change in the FA youth rules regarding ball sizes: U10 now use size 3 rather than size 4.

I'm looking for a definitive answer on match duration for the various age groups for this season. I know what they were in the most recent FA document I can find (2018). Can somebody link me to the Standard Code of Rules - Youth 2021/22?
Huh. I always thought the 4 was exactly the right size for 10U, but maybe that's just because it was what I always saw there. Anybody hear anything about the reason for the change?

Back