A&H

Dundee Game today.

The Referee Store
100% a foul. Probably a YC for Reckless also. You'd be a brave referee to give it though ...... :rolleyes:
Fully agree, definite foul for me. Surprisingly, no mention at all of a possible foul from Dundee United coaching staff or pundits on BBC Scotland highlights programme.

Also, to avoid upsetting any Tayside based forum members the thread heading really should be 'Dundee United Game Today'.

Playing devils advocate, purely for my own learning, could the argument be made that the ball crosses the goal line before contact was made? Therefore goal stands, potential missed card for reckless challenge anyway?

742715F8-9DA3-4452-9BB5-D1E9EB378CF4.png

Playing devils advocate, purely for my own learning, could the argument be made that the ball crosses the goal line before contact was made? Therefore goal stands, potential missed card for reckless challenge anyway?

View attachment 6382
No because it's not really just the contact that we are judging..
You are judging the challenge as a whole..
A player who challenges an opponent in a reckless manner is cautioned and penalised with a direct free kick.
The challenge is a reckless from when it starts, it doesn't become reckless halfway through..

Goal. It's a fair challenge and the GK feigns injury cos he knows he's messed up
The game has gone too soft... except in Scotland
Although I'd probably be too weak to stand by the courage of my conviction, same as the rest of you

It's an interesting one..if you see a foul here it has to be reckless. I see no way thay you can call a careless foul here.
What does football expect? No complaint from GK, defenders look incredulous at keeper. Would take a brave referee to pull this rabbit from the hat and a strong one to get to through the rest of the game in control.

Really interesting how the comments are split. . I think there’s a part of us that want to say goal, maybe the older ones among us but then a big part of us knowing the player just wiped out the keeper.

technically it may well be a foul but there's no chance i'm calling that on a Sunday morning and finishing my game peacefully

It's an interesting one..if you see a foul here it has to be reckless. I see no way thay you can call a careless foul here.
What does football expect? No complaint from GK, defenders look incredulous at keeper. Would take a brave referee to pull this rabbit from the hat and a strong one to get to through the rest of the game in control.
The problem with this incident, is despite two decades of attempted 'softening of the game', most people in football still want this goal to stand; and I'm one of them. But I'm not as daft as I let on. What I also see with this incident is the 'Jackpot' when it comes to being observed. Allow this goal and there's very little to be gained in terms of your score. Identifying 'Reckless Play' however.... 'Hello Promotion!'. Observer is likely to score you under several competencies (AOL, Player Safety, Match Control.... who knows). Add to that a guaranteed Sin Bin (at my level) and likely dismissal of a Technical Area protester and the points keep rolling in
Trouble is though, it's like the Jackpot on 'repeat chance' on one of those old fruities.... you can't win cos it'll be like being paid out in tokens when the Club Marks get reported

The problem with this incident, is despite two decades of attempted 'softening of the game', most people in football still want this goal to stand; and I'm one of them. But I'm not as daft as I let on. What I also see with this incident is the 'Jackpot' when it comes to being observed. Allow this goal and there's very little to be gained in terms of your score. Identifying 'Reckless Play' however.... 'Hello Promotion!'. Observer is likely to score you under several competencies (AOL, Player Safety, Match Control.... who knows). Add to that a guaranteed Sin Bin (at my level) and likely dismissal of a Technical Area protester and the points keep rolling in
Trouble is though, it's like the Jackpot on 'repeat chance' on one of those old fruities.... you can't win cos it'll be like being paid out in tokens when the Club Marks get reported
Unless you have an observer who disagrees with you and goodbye promotion and club marks. ☺️
Club marks are not as heavily weighted now. Those that were promoted Mid-Season were at the tops of the list and weren't necessarily in the hunt on club marks.
The FA have reiterated today that for 4>3 you only need to be top 50% and 3≥2b you just can't be in the bottom 40% for clubs.
The target has to be top 10 observers to stand a chance now.

Unless you have an observer who disagrees with you and goodbye promotion and club marks. ☺️
Club marks are not as heavily weighted now. Those that were promoted Mid-Season were at the tops of the list and weren't necessarily in the hunt on club marks.
The FA have reiterated today that for 4>3 you only need to be top 50% and 3≥2b you just can't be in the bottom 40% for clubs.
The target has to be top 10 observers to stand a chance now.
Yup, I'm OK on Assessment Scores, but band-C for Clubs
Can't figure the Club Marks out ATM.... latest game, I expected a really good mark from Home Club and got 70! Was much less confident about away team who'd been stingy with me in the past and they came back 78.... Really can't make sense of the scores on an individual basis. Gonna cost me I fear

Yup, I'm OK on Assessment Scores, but band-C for Clubs
Can't figure the Club Marks out ATM.... latest game, I expected a really good mark from Home Club and got 70! Was much less confident about away team who'd been stingy with me in the past and they came back 78.... Really can't make sense of the scores on an individual basis. Gonna cost me I fear
Forget em. Focus on controllables.. rock up, make safe sensible and expected decisions and the rest will look after itself.

Happy with this being a goal purely because no idea what the keeper was playing at.

Think this is one of these ones that only referees would be asking for a foul.

Haven’t seen a foul mentioned anywhere else in the wider football world

This is definitely a free kick + caution. Not giving it just helps further entrench the expectation that a GK doing this deserves it as a punishment of sorts.

Back