A&H

Dropout rates

The tone makes all the difference there - as written, it could either be hilarious or horrifying!
Agreed, but it was said somewhere in the middle of the 2 😆

Like I say, it didn't feel like abuse to me, but to the wrong person, it definitely is

The Referee Store
Yep, if said aggressively in any way then it can absolutely become something different.

A player forcefully slapped me and tried to wrestle my red card off me. He claimed it was a joke… hm.
That is crazy.

An emotional game football. With the main emotion often being anger.

Many years ago I was on the line and advised the referee of an act of VC that she had missed, and she sent the offender off. As he walked past me he said "she is going in the boot of my car after the game and you will be joining her". We reported it and he was charged with threatening behaviour towards a match official and got a lengthy suspension, 3 months from memory.

Many years ago I was on the line and advised the referee of an act of VC that she had missed, and she sent the offender off. As he walked past me he said "she is going in the boot of my car after the game and you will be joining her". We reported it and he was charged with threatening behaviour towards a match official and got a lengthy suspension, 3 months from memory.
Good to hear. I had someone threaten to beat my mom up (who was at the game) and kill me in October. I think they have around 8 months left on their ban. Action is finally starting to be taken.

Good to hear. I had someone threaten to beat my mom up (who was at the game) and kill me in October. I think they have around 8 months left on their ban. Action is finally starting to be taken.
Can vouch for that, I was spat directly on the face back in September, honestly can’t fault my CFA, phone call from my rdo that same evening and the player was banned for 7 years within a week and a half of incident. Definitely starting to turn a corner on the action being taken!

Can vouch for that, I was spat directly on the face back in September, honestly can’t fault my CFA, phone call from my rdo that same evening and the player was banned for 7 years within a week and a half of incident. Definitely starting to turn a corner on the action being taken!
I didn't actually receive very good communication from my CFA and I wasn'y supported at all, although the main thing is that they took action. The investigation into my incident took almost 2 months, although I get a feeling it would have been a lot swifter if it wasn't a "qualified match official" that threatened me. There possibly would have been more support also. Complicated further by the fact that 2 CFAs and the national FA had to be involved for a multitude of reasons. Brilliant that people are finally starting to listen!

Back