A&H

Drop ball after hitting ref

lesbobly

So tonight Prem game CP v AFC

Ball last played by AFC hits ref and deflects to CP player.

Game stopped and drop ball “awarded” to CP

Is this correct?

Or did I miss-see?

The Referee Store

Is this correct?

Or did I miss-see?
Think it was just about right as the palace player was starting a promising attack.

Is this correct?

Or did I miss-see?

last played isn’t the test. It’s last touched. But it should go to the team that last touched before it hit the ref.

So if the ball was deflected off a CP player, then it was right.

But if it was last touched by the AFC player before it hit the ref, the. It should have been a DB to an AFC player.

Think it was just about right as the palace player was starting a promising attack.
Haven't seen it but you are answering the wrong question. The question is not why was there a droped ball? The question is why was it dropped to Palace?

What minute of the game was this?

Haven't seen it but you are answering the wrong question. The question is not why was there a droped ball? The question is why was it dropped to Palace?

Ahhh sorry. I thought it was palace to palace at the time so palace last touched.

Because... THE LAWS OF THE GAME.
If you watch the incident my question may become “more obvious” - from what I saw (looked clear) - the last player to touch the ball before hitting ref was AFC - Yet DB was awarded to CP …

The ball (after hitting ref) deflected to palace player … hence my comment in reference to a previous reply …

Wow .. I did that without SHOUTING (almost 😉)
last played isn’t the test. It’s last touched. But it should go to the team that last touched before it hit the ref.

So if the ball was deflected off a CP player, then it was right.

But if it was last touched by the AFC player before it hit the ref, the. It should have been a DB to an AFC player.
from what I saw the ball was hit directly at ref from AFC player - again I will stand corrected if anybody saw a CP touch … so I am very confused …

If you watch the incident my question may become “more obvious” - from what I saw (looked clear) - the last player to touch the ball before hitting ref was AFC - Yet DB was awarded to CP …

The ball (after hitting ref) deflected to palace player … hence my comment in reference to a previous reply …

Wow .. I did that without SHOUTING (almost 😉)

from what I saw the ball was hit directly at ref from AFC player - again I will stand corrected if anybody saw a CP touch … so I am very confused …

I think you saw it correctly. Arsenal player played it last, though was definitely going to a Palace player before it hit the ref

So if that’s the case, why not just play on?
I understand this is not LOTG - as the wording is strictly “a team starts a promising attack” - but my point really is surely it should have been a AFC DB … or did I miss a “touch” by a CP player?

(By the way as a Spurs supporter I really wanted a CP ball 😂😂😂😂)

Well into second half as I remember - do you think time had influence?

AT was wrong in Law (as indicated by @socal lurker ). The ball should have been dropped to Arsenal as it last touched an Arsenal player. Either, AT dropped it to Palace to avoid backlash, or he simply made a mistake. I'm assuming the latter
Either way, he was too close to play, especially as it happened on AR1's side of the PA

AT was wrong in Law (as indicated by @socal lurker ). The ball should have been dropped to Arsenal as it last touched an Arsenal player. Either, AT dropped it to Palace to avoid backlash, or he simply made a mistake. I'm assuming the latter
Either way, he was too close to play, especially as it happened on AR1's side of the PA
Thank you … that makes a lot of sense … I thought I was seeing things … understanding restored TY

Thank you … that makes a lot of sense … I thought I was seeing things … understanding restored TY
I think he was probably just knackered by that stage of the game and he was most likely distracted by having dropped a b0ll0ck by getting struck by the ball so close to goal in the first place. Forgivable. We've all been there. but multiple points lost on an Assessment

I totally misread the title… thought it was far more sinister than it is!!

Anyone else ever found that there are some games where it feels like the ball has a homing beacon in it and no matter how much you try to stay out of the way of it - you can’t!?

Last edited:

Anyone else ever found that there are some games where it feels like the ball has a homing beacon in it and no matter how much you try to stay out of the way of it - you can’t!?
Yes, I went years without getting hit by the ball and then got hit three times in the same contrib game. Danny Cowley pointed out I had touched the ball more than his centre forward 😂

I find my odds of getting hit are inversely related to the level of play . . .

Back