A&H

Dream I keep having

Status
Not open for further replies.

RefereeX

Level 3 Referee
Hi,

Ever since I’ve been refereeing I keep having this recurring dream that I’m refereeing a match and I blow my whistle but I can’t get any noise to come out no matter how hard I blow! 😂

I’ve had the dream at least 10 times since I picked up the whistle just over a year ago!

Anyone else experienced this or something similar?

The Referee Store
Hi,

Ever since I’ve been refereeing I keep having this recurring dream that I’m refereeing a match and I blow my whistle but I can’t get any noise to come out no matter how hard I blow! 😂

I’ve had the dream at least 10 times since I picked up the whistle just over a year ago!

I've had exactly the same dream

God I thought I was the only one. I have this dream so often, whichever way I blow nothing happens. Crazy

Fear not young Alex and RefereeX.

Dr Sigmund Kes has the answer:

Your dream is clearly a manifestation of your anxiety over not being heard by those around you.

The solution? Come on here more often and post loads of crap for us to comment on. Post it in big huge capital letters so it's loud enough for us all to see/hear it and, in time, your inner anxiety will disappear and along with it the recurring dream.

No, don't thank me ...

:D

Hi,

I used to always have a dream about getting there and realising I had forgotten something important like my boots. Used to really, really stress me out😂

Hi,

I used to always have a dream about getting there and realising I had forgotten something important like my boots. Used to really, really stress me out😂

Both happen to me from time to time, usually few nights before important games.

One dream I also keep having is that I do something really stupid during my game. For example in one dream I was an AR and just randomly went to sit on the stands, until I suddenly realized that I'm in completely wrong place.

But it is always nice to wake up from these kind of dreams and realize that anything hasn't actually happened. :)

One dream I also keep having is that I do something really stupid during my game. For example in one dream I was an AR and just randomly went to sit on the stands, until I suddenly realized that I'm in completely wrong place.

But it is always nice to wake up from these kind of dreams and realize that anything hasn't actually happened. :)
I've actually done something similar! One of the first times I was senior AR, after the coin toss I went to introduce myself to the benches: talked to one bench, talked to the other, then took my position on the line. Looked up to see the other AR directly opposite me staring at me - took me a good few seconds to realise that in worrying about what I was going to say to the benches, I'd managed to forget which end I should be standing!

I've actually taken this and used it to adjust the way I do it. Instead of doing home first then away as I thought was initially most appropriate, I now always talk to the side up the "wrong" end first, so that once I've introduced myself to the second side, I'm in the right position.

In a similar vein, my 'anxiety' dream is always about arriving really late at the ground and everyone having to hang around waiting for me :eek:. Never actually happened but still feels very real :(. I fear we take all this WAY too seriously .... :rolleyes:

Had a similar one before my first AR game; I was at my local club’s ground on the line and I basically was at the halfway line watching the game when there was a goal kick/corner call which I obviously couldn’t call... same game I found myself running into the wrong half🤦🏻‍♂️

Hi,

What I'd like to know is if you're actually lying there blowing air in your sleep....like if you try to shout out in your dream but can't quite manage it so your sleeping self just sort of blurts out some distressed moaning

Reviving a (very) old thread because I haven't actually had the dream I first posted about for a while but I did have a strange one last night!

I have an important observation coming up end of the month which I'm trying not to get too hyped up about, but last night I dreamt I was doing the game and then we had loads of stoppages and I remember checking my watch and it being 132 mins played and we still had another 10 mins to go, but then the game ended, and I realised I had played 10 mins short! I was panicking thinking how will I explain that to the observer, but the observer came in and didn't mention that; instead he showed me video footage of the manager running on the pitch which I didn't see...

Think I need to chill out. 😆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back