A&H

Draw master Gianni Infantino elected new FIFA president.

The Referee Store
I'll be very interested to see what this brings for FIFA. Hopefully nothing too stupid.

He talks of reform and making FIFA more transparent, I guess time will tell if that's true or not.

Obviously the main thing of note is his plan to expand the world cup to 40 teams, with groups stages consisting of 5 teams instead of the current 4.

I generally take corruption as a given at any level of organization; when it gets to a FIFA level, the corruption is more meaningful and has more far-reaching consequences but, wherever power is wielded, there will be an element of corruption. So that's not even a concern for me; I just wonder if he'll do anything stupid that will effect competitions.

He talks of reform and making FIFA more transparent, I guess time will tell if that's true or not.

Obviously the main thing of note is his plan to expand the world cup to 40 teams, with groups stages consisting of 5 teams instead of the current 4.

Great, so we can have even more teams that are never going to win take part and get wholloped.

Back