A&H

DOGSO handball (goal not denied)

Viridis1886

That doesn't matter. It's still a foul!
Level 5 Referee
"Denying a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity

Where a player denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by a handball offence, the player is sent off wherever the offence occurs." LOTG

So if the goal is denied it is red.

If the goal is not denied is it still red or is it a caution?

The Referee Store
DOGSO handball is a red card.

In the penalty area it cannot be downgraded to yellow as not ”an attempt to play the ball”.

DOGSO handball is a red card.

In the penalty area it cannot be downgraded to yellow as not ”an attempt to play the ball”.
But if a the attempt to deny the goal is unsuccessful the player is cautioned.
If a goal is scored DOGSO is impossible.

That's what had me going around in a circle.

So...

Goal denied = red card (and dfk or pen)
Goal scored = yellow card (because there was no D from the DOGSO!)

slight disclaimer, dogso, does not need result in goal

handball on line, bounces bk to striker, he hits an unmissible goal over the bar....yellow

slight disclaimer, dogso, does not need result in goal

handball on line, bounces bk to striker, he hits an unmissible goal over the bar....yellow
I was always taught "the only advantage in Penalty Area is a goal"

So I would add to your statement "hits an unmissable goal over the bar....yellow and a penalty"

This happened the other day in the Forest vs Swansea game. The Swansea player was shown a red, Graham Scott then talked to his officials and chose to rescind the red as the ball had gone over the line and showed a yellow.

The Twitter exchange was fun, with Swansea fans believing he shouldn’t be booked due to the ball going in and Forest fans believing it should be a red due to the fact it was handball on the line. Can never please anyone I guess

I was always taught "the only advantage in Penalty Area is a goal"

So I would add to your statement "hits an unmissable goal over the bar....yellow and a penalty"

erm no, DOGSO, denying clear goal scoring opportunity

if attacker blasts over with an empty goal fron 2 yards, his obious goal scoring oportunity was not denied......

Handles the ball on the line to prevent it going in? Penalty and red for DOGSO surely? irrespective of whatever happens after that (unless the ref is daft enough to shout "Advantage") :hmmm:

Handles the ball on the line to prevent it going in? Penalty and red for DOGSO surely? irrespective of whatever happens after that (unless the ref is daft enough to shout "Advantage") :hmmm:

well not irrespective if what happens next is striker slamming it home

Back